How a Zoning System Can Benefit Your Collinsville Area Home
The typical home has an HVAC system that is controlled by one thermostat, which makes it quite difficult to maintain whole-house comfort, even temperatures and reasonable energy bills. If this sounds familiar to you, read on to see if a zoning system can solve these issues in your Collinsville area home.
Zoning System Benefits
It’s quite common for a home to have different temperatures from room to room. There are a number of issues and circumstances that causes these hot/cold spots, which have to do with heat gain/loss and the efficiency of the air ducts. A zoning system is a solid solution to these situations that delivers temperatures where and when you want them. Here’s how:
- The rooms of a home are divided into zones, typically with similar heat gain/loss properties. This often means rooms on different floors are in different zones, and sun-facing rooms and rooms that receive less sunlight, too, are in different zones.
- Each zone has a thermostat or temperature sensor that monitors and controls airflow to each zone though controllable duct dampers.
For instance, if you have programmed the zone containing the bedrooms to 72 degrees on a summer night to stay cool, and the other unoccupied zones are set to 82 degrees to save energy, the duct dampers in the active zone permit cool A/C into the zone, while the duct doors for the inactive zones remain closed.
Following are more zoning system benefits:
- Zoning systems offer each household occupant the ability to set his or her own comfort temperatures.
- Reduce wear and tear on HVAC components with less cooling and heating demand.
- Ventilate and condition specific areas in the home as needed, such as a stuffy attic home office.
- Use a programmable thermostat or WiFi-enabled control panel for greater convenience and control.
If you have any questions about how a zoning system works or zoning system benefits for your southwest Illinois home, please contact us at Ernst Heating & Cooling.
103 customer reviews
In the HVAC industry you are likely to encounter an absolutely astounding number of terms. You’ll hear these from your technician, from the specialist performing...