Reliable AC Repair in Glen Carbon, IL
We know that summers in Glen Carbon are HOT. If your air conditioning goes out, it can be miserable in a hot, stuffy house. When you need air conditioning repair fast, choose Ernst Heating & Cooling. We’re quick, compassionate, and thorough, and keeping your home cool all summer long is our top priority.
When you choose us as your local AC repair company, you’re in good hands. Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at (618) 887-6093 or make an appointment online.
We also offer 24/7 emergency air conditioner repair in Glen Carbon.
Our Glen Carbon AC Repair Services
Doesn’t it seem like your air conditioner breaks down at the most inconvenient time? Since we are a local air conditioning repair company, you’ll have a shorter wait time and more reliable, personalized services.
We repair and service all air conditioner makes and models. Our experienced, certified HVAC technicians can diagnose any air conditioner problem, and you can count on an honest repair estimate from us before any work is begun!
To schedule air conditioning repair in Glen Carbon, Illinois, contact us online!
Common Air Conditioning Problems in Glen Carbon
With decades of air conditioning repair experience, we’ve seen every AC problem there is in Glen Carbon. Our experts at Ernst Heating & Cooling have experience resolving the following air conditioner problems:
- Low refrigerant – Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the unit. A low level of refrigerant is usually a sign of a leak. Chemical refrigerant can be dangerous and should be repaired immediately.
- Frozen AC coil – The coils inside your central AC can freeze up even in summer’s most brutal heat. If airflow over the coils is blocked, moisture remains on the extremely cold coils, causing them to freeze. Frozen AC coils can lead to reduced cooling capacity or compressor failure. One way to prevent frozen coils is to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months.
- AC fan not working – If the fan on the outside unit isn’t working correctly, then it can’t conduct proper heat transfer, which can lead to compressor damage.
- Water leaking from AC unit – Leaking water can indicate a blocked drain pipe, rusty condensate pan or other problems. Water leaks can lead to mold and mildew, so you’ll want to call for repair right away.
- Loud operation – Are you hearing banging, squeaking, or squealing from your unit? Loud noises usually mean something is broken or displaced inside, like a fan belt or other moving part. You’ll want to get this repaired before it causes even more damage.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on or AC is running constantly – Sometimes a malfunctioning thermostat can be the reason your AC unit isn’t turning on or the reason it is constantly running, but it’s best to have the situation assessed by an AC expert.
If your air conditioning system breaks down, or you suspect there’s a problem, call Ernst Heating & Cooling at (618) 887-6093 for AC repair in your Glen Carbon home.
Prevent AC Problems with AC Maintenance
Having your air conditioner tuned up once a year before the summer hits is the best way to prevent potential problems before they turn into expensive repairs.
Our air conditioning tune-ups include:
- Professional inspection – Our comprehensive air conditioner inspection includes checking the thermostat, controls, condensate drain, refrigerant level, and all moving parts. We carefully examine every element for safety and performance issues.
- Cleaning – We thoroughly clean your AC’s evaporator and condenser coils to help keep them running more efficiently longer. We also clean the blower to create increased airflow.
- Lubrication – Poor lubrication can affect every aspect of an air conditioner’s performance. We will examine all moving parts and make sure they are fully lubricated.
- Tightening and adjustments – Loose electrical connections can cause safety issues and shorten the lifespan of your system. Our techs will test and adjust blower components, and, when necessary, adjust motor voltage and currents.
Learn more about our air conditioning tune-ups in Glen Carbon, Illinois!
The Ernst Heating & Cooling Difference
Why call us when you need AC repair? At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we offer:
- Flat-Rate Pricing – When service technicians find what is wrong with your air conditioner, they will also tell you exactly how much the repair will be. Even if the repair takes longer than expected, you will only have to pay the quoted price.
- Honest Consultations – In some cases, it may make more sense to invest in a new high-efficiency system that qualifies for federal tax credits, utility company rebates, or manufacturer rebates, and that will also lower your monthly utility bill, rather than repairing an old, inefficient system. These are the kind of things our service technicians will discuss with you so that you can make an informed decision to fix or replace the system.
- Expertise & Experience – We have decades of experience providing reliable HVAC service to our neighbors in Glen Carbon. See what our customers have to say about our AC services!
Schedule Air Conditioner Repair in Glen Carbon!
If your air conditioner breaks or is not working, give Ernst Heating & Cooling a call. We will send out an experienced air conditioning technicians to assess the situation, diagnose the problem, and provide you with a solution.
With Ernst Heating & Cooling, you can rest assured knowing you have experienced HVAC technicians on the job.
If you’ve been searching for “AC repair near me,” call Ernst Heating & Cooling at (618) 887-6093. We’re your reliable, local air conditioning repair experts in the Glen Carbon, Illinois area.
Need emergency air conditioner repair in Glen Carbon? We do that too! 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
262 customer reviews