Jersey County AC Repair Services
When the summer arrives, you need your home’s air conditioner to work properly more than ever. So, what do you do if your AC unit isn’t keeping your home cool? Whether you’re soaking in the beautiful sights at the Pere Marquette State Park or going on an adventure at the Grafton Zipline at Aerie’s Resort, you need an air-conditioned home to come back to after a long day out in the heat. With professional technicians and years of experience, you can rely on us to service all air conditioner makes and models throughout Illinois. Our certified HVAC experts will diagnose the air conditioner problem you may be experiencing and provide a fair, honest repair estimate.
Air Conditioning Repair
There’s nothing more frustrating than a broken AC unit. Whether you’re in Nutwood, Kemper, Grafton, Otterville, Jerseyville, or somewhere in between—you need your home cooling system to function at peak performance levels. That’s why we strive to provide high quality AC repair services throughout Jersey County!
Our first priority is always to provide home comfort for you and your family, especially during the summer months when the temperatures are higher than normal. If you can’t find solace from the sun in your house, you need our professional technicians to come over and determine what’s causing your cooling inefficiency.
To schedule a central air conditioning repair service today, contact us online!
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Whether you live along the Illinois River or closer to the Macoupin Creek, you’ll almost certainly run into problems with your air conditioner eventually. At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we have experience diagnosing and treating the following issues:
- Low refrigerant – Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the unit. A low level of refrigerant is usually a sign of a leak, which requires an immediate air conditioner repair since chemical refrigerant can be dangerous.
- Frozen coil – The coils inside your central AC unit can freeze up even during the brutal heat of summer. If airflow over the coils is impaired, the moisture remains on the extremely cold coils, quickly freezing. Frozen AC coils can cause many problems, including reduced cooling capacity and compressor failure. One way to avoid frozen coils is to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months.
- Malfunctioning fan – If the fan on the outside unit isn’t working correctly, it can’t conduct proper heat transfer. That can then lead to compressor damage, which is a much more prominent problem.
- Water leaks – Leaking water can indicate a blocked drain pipe, a rusty condensate pan, or a few other problems. If you discover water leaking from your AC unit, call Ernst at 618-887-6093 right away. Water leaks can lead to mold and mildew.
- Unusually loud operation – Is the noise from your air conditioner driving you crazy? Loud noises usually mean something is broken or displaced inside, like a fan belt or other moving part. You should schedule a repair service when you hear these noises so the part doesn’t completely wear off or lead to more damage.
If your air conditioning system is on the verge of a breakdown, call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 today!
Benefits of Proper AC Maintenance
Scheduling AC maintenance services each year is a great way to find small issues before they become major problems. At Ernst, our air conditioning tune-ups include:
- Professional inspection – Our comprehensive air conditioner inspection includes checking the thermostat, controls, condensate drain, refrigerant level, and all moving parts. We carefully examine every element for safety and performance issues.
- Cleaning – We thoroughly clean your air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils to help keep them running more efficiently and for a longer period of time. We also clean the blower to create increased airflow.
- Lubrication – Poor lubrication can affect every aspect of an air conditioner’s performance. We will examine all moving parts and make sure they are fully lubricated.
- Tightening and adjustments – Loose electrical connections can cause safety issues and shorten the lifespan of your system. Our technicians will test and adjust blower components and motor voltage and currents when necessary.
Learn more about our precision air conditioning tune-ups in McClusky, Dow, Fieldon, and other areas in Jersey County, Illinois!
Choose Ernst for AC Repair in Jersey County
If your AC unit completely breaks down during the dog days of summer, utilize our 24-hour emergency repair service now! It’s incredibly important to have a trustworthy and reliable HVAC company you can turn to in times of distress. When you choose Ernst, you can also take advantage of our:
- Flat Rate Pricing – After our service technicians determine the problem with your air conditioner, they will tell you exactly how much the repair will be. Even if the repair takes longer than expected, you will only have to pay the quoted price.
- Honest Consultations – In some cases, it may make more sense to invest in a new high efficiency system that qualifies for federal tax credits, utility company rebates, or manufacturer rebates. Plus, in many cases, updated models can also lower your monthly utility bills! These are the kind of options and recommendations our service technicians will discuss with you, so that you can make an informed decision to fix or replace your air conditioner.
Give us a call at 618-887-6093 today for air conditioner repairs in Jersey County, Illinois.
202 customer reviews