Choosing the Right Air Conditioner for Your Metro East Home
When summer hits Metro East Illinois, the blistering heat can make residents nostalgic for our icy winter chill. When it comes time to choose a new air conditioner, make sure you get the best system for your home, budget, and needs.
At the Top of the List: Energy Efficiency
To save money and be more comfortable, you want to get the most energy-efficient air conditioning system you can afford. Look for a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) number and features like these:
- Automatic delay fan switch.This switch keeps the fan blowing for a short time after the compressor cycles off to use the remaining cool air that would otherwise go to waste.
- Fan-only switch.When you get lucky with a cooler summer day, this switch lets you turn off the cooling unit while keeping the fan on to circulate the air.
- Filter indicator light.Proper maintenance is essential to keeping your AC at optimum performance and efficiency. This light lets you know when it’s time to clean and change the unit’s filter.
- Variable-speed blower.Traditional blowers run at one speed, cycling on and off throughout the day. A variable-speed blower works via sensor to run at different speeds depending on your home’s cooling needs.
- Large coils.Larger coils on an AC unit allow heat to transfer out of the home more efficiently.
What Size Air Conditioner Is Right for Your Home?
When it comes to air conditioners, size is critical to performance. A unit that’s too small for your home won’t be able to cool properly. But one that’s too large will cost you big on your utility bills.
Your air conditioner installer will be able to determine what size air conditioning system is right for your home by taking into account your home’s square footage, how it’s insulated, where it’s sited in relation to sunlight, and other factors.
Lennox Air Conditioners in Metro East Illinois
At Ernst, we install Lennox air conditioners exclusively. As a Dave Lennox Premier Dealer, we have unparalleled expertise with Lennox products and can help you determine which of their energy-efficient air conditioners is the right choice for your home and your lifestyle.
Every Lennox air conditioning system at every price point has a high energy-efficiency rating.
- Dave Lennox Signature® Collection– The company’s highest level of quality, the Signature® collection features the quietest and most efficient air conditioner.
- Lennox Elite® Series– Elite Series’ products not only deliver exceptional comfort, but also outstanding energy efficiency.
- Lennox Merit® Series– The Merit Series combines legendary Lennox quality and time-tested technology to deliver a high level of dependability, efficiency and comfort.
- Solar Ready– We also install Lennox solar-ready AC units. All of Lennox’s solar-ready air conditioners were named on the 2014 ENERGY STAR® list of the most energy-efficient products.
Let Ernst Help You Choose!
Learn more about the air conditioner options available for your Metro East home. Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 or contact us online today!
118 customer reviews