Furnace Repair in Edwardsville, IL Since 1951
You don’t want to be without heat in your home during a chilly winter night! At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we have been the local furnace repair experts in Edwardsville and the surrounding areas since 1951. If you’re having concerns about your furnace’s ability to produce consistent, even heat for your home, our experts will be there for you. As the local HVAC authority, we repair all types of furnaces—no matter the type, brand, or model. When you choose Ernst, you know you are getting dependable repair service from experts you can trust. Just ask your neighbors!
We offer 24/7 emergency furnace repair in Edwardsville to get your problem fixed right away. Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093
Electric Furnace Repair & More in Edwardsville
Whether your electric furnace’s fan isn’t running, or your home’s gas furnace is cycling between off and on, we have the tools, equipment, and knowledge to repair whatever type of furnace you have in your Edwardsville-area home. With 65 years in business, we’ve seen and fixed it all! Our NATE-certified technicians can provide:
- Gas furnace repair
- Oil furnace repair
- Propane furnace repair
- Electric furnace repair
If your home’s furnace is too old or too broken to repair, Ernst Heating & Cooling also installs durable, reliable, and energy-efficient Lennox furnaces. Click here to determine if a furnace replacement is the best option for you.
Common Furnace Problems
We’ve been fixing furnaces in the Edwardsville area for more than half a century. We can diagnose and repair any furnace problem! Here are some of the most common furnace repair issues.
Your furnace won’t start up
First: check your thermostat to make sure it’s set correctly. If the thermostat is set right, and the furnace still isn’t starting itself, the problem may be:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- Obstructed gas or propane flow
- A tripped or blown circuit breaker
Your furnace isn’t getting hot enough
Once again, check your thermostat first. If it’s set correctly, the issue may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- A dirty filter
- Imbalanced airflow in your home
Your furnace is making noise
Here’s a quick rundown of some common noises and their causes:
- Loud noises when the furnace starts up. A loud pop at startup can indicate a number of problems. Depending on the noise, the issue may be delayed ignition, a dirty condenser, a faulty inducer motor, or a cracked heat exchanger—which is a carbon monoxide danger, so call Ernst right away if this is happening.
- Rumbling sounds from the furnace. Rumbling may mean that oil is dripping from a nozzle onto the floor and burning. If you hear rumbling, call Ernst right away—oil burning is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Rattling or banging furnace noises. A rattle or bang that starts before the blower begins can mean your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. This is another serious carbon monoxide danger, so, again, call Ernst immediately if you notice this type of noise.
- Groaning, whining, or humming from the furnace. These noises can happen when something is loose inside the unit, or when there is a problem with your furnace’s bearings.
Safe, Reliable Furnace Repair in Edwardsville, IL
When you have a problem with your furnace, it’s important to call a professional for service and repair. There are many complex parts in furnaces that a DIY attempt could cause to malfunction. Not to mention, gas, oil, and propane are highly flammable and can be extremely dangerous when handled improperly.
When properly cleaned and maintained, most furnaces do not produce more than a minimal amount of carbon monoxide. However, if your gas, propane, or oil furnace is dirty and running poorly, it can produce a deadly amount of carbon monoxide. We recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector and alarm in your home, and make sure everyone in your home is familiar with these important carbon monoxide safety measures.
- Gas furnace and carbon monoxide safety recommendations
- Propane furnace and carbon monoxide safety guidelines
- Oil furnace and carbon monoxide safety tips
If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak in your home, leave it immediately and call 911.
To keep your furnace clean and free of potential safety hazards, we strongly recommend that you have your furnace professionally tuned up and cleaned twice a year.
Your Local Edwardsville Heating & Cooling Experts
We’re proud to be your hometown heating and air conditioning specialists in historic Edwardsville, IL. When we’re not taking a class at the Arts Center or taking a stroll through downtown Edwardsville, we are providing the highest-quality furnace repair services to Edwardsville homeowners. Because we’re nearby, we can provide emergency repairs in hours—not days.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 for furnace repair in Edwardsville and the surrounding Metro East area.
229 customer reviews