Mini-split systems direct heating or cooling to one room or small area of your home. If you think a ductless mini-split system might be right for your Roxana home, call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618.217.1836 .
Why Choose a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Mini-split systems are a smart choice for homes or parts of homes that don’t have an existing duct system. They are also very convenient for use in entire homes or room additions as an alternative to adding or extending ductwork. And, with a ductless mini-split system, you can keep the most-used areas of your home cool while saving energy on cooling less-used parts of your home—each system can have up to four indoor units.
Many homeowners use mini-splits to cool their entire homes! They can also be used on a smaller scale to cool home offices, sunrooms, and home gyms.
How Do Mini-Splits Work?
A mini-split air conditioning system or heat pump has two parts: an outdoor compressor unit and one (or more) indoor units. The two units are connected by a dedicated refrigerant line made of insulated copper tubing threaded through holes drilled behind the indoor units. Electricity from the outdoor unit powers a fan in the indoor unit, which sends cooled air into the room (or area). At the same time, warm air is removed from the space and sent to the outdoor unit.
Mini-Splits and Energy Efficiency
Mitsubishi mini-split systems have SEERs (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) of up to 22. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the system. Most traditional AC units have a SEER of around 13. And since no ductwork is involved, there is no risk of energy loss through ducts.
Mini-Split System Installation
Mini-splits boast easy installation in most cases, with minimal drilling. The indoor unit can be installed high on a wall or even on the ceiling. And the outdoor unit can usually be placed in an inconspicuous spot on your property.
Roxana, IL Mitsubishi Mini-Split Dealers
Wondering if a mini-split air conditioner or heat pump is right for your home? Call Ernst Heating & Cooling to learn more about this ductless HVAC technology. Our knowledgeable technicians can help you determine whether a mini-split or other type of heating and cooling system is the best choice for you and your family.
Why Choose Ernst for Mitsubishi Mini-Split Installation?
- We spend time with you. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- We are knowledgeable. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- We are advanced. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- We offer financing. Just ask; we have several plans available through reputable national companies.
Roxana Mini-Split System Installation
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618.217.1836 to learn more and schedule installation!
In addition to mini-splits, we install the following types of heating and cooling systems in Roxana:
- Conventional – We install Lennox air conditioners and furnaces.
- Geothermal – Installing a GeoComfort geothermal heat pump can drastically reduce your energy consumption and decrease your energy bills.
- Boilers – We install Lennox boilers.
- Indoor Air Quality systems – Keep your home comfortable and healthy with humidifiers and dehumidifiers from Lennox.