5 Reasons You’ll Really Like A Radiant Heating System
More and more homeowners are choosing alternative heating methods due to rising energy costs and a growing environmentally aware population. One method that lowers the heat bill and offers a variety of other benefits is radiant heating.
Radiant heat exchange happens when the heat from a warm surface transfers to a cooler surface. While radiant-heated floors seem like a new heating concept, it’s actually an old practice dating back to the Romans channeling hot air under the stone floors of their villas. Radiant heating systems went out when the forced-air furnace came in but they are making a comeback into the mainstream.
While radiant heat also can be distributed through wall panels or baseboards, flooring is the most popular option. Here are five reasons you’ll like your radiant heating system better than forced air:
- Steady, even heat — more comfortable. Radiant warming tends to provide a more comfortable, even heat than a forced-air furnace because instead of heating the air inside a room, it actually heats objects. A lot of heat is wasted when a furnace heats the air since hot air rises and collects above occupants in a room.
- Saves you money. Even though the initial cost is higher, in the long run radiant heat will save you money. You can keep the thermostat lower with radiant heat because it actually warms bodies instead of air.
- Quieter than forced air. No fan equals less noise.
- Less dust and fewer allergens. Again, with no fan, there is nothing to blow around the dust particles and allergens in the air.
- No more cold feet. Nothing is offers as rude an awakening as freezing bathroom tile on your feet on a cold winter morning. Not having to deal with that anymore is one luxury that makes homeowners love their radiant heating systems.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at Ernst Heating & Cooling. We have been serving the Metro-East area since 1954.
104 customer reviews
Your air conditioner should last for about 15 years with proper care and maintenance. Neglecting your air conditioning unit could cut its lifetime in half....