Waiting to get furnace repairs in the Metro East area is almost torture during the cold winter months. It can even become dangerous if your home’s temperatures drop low enough to allow the pipes to freeze.
That’s where we come in. At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we area local Hamel, IL furnace repair company, so you can count on us to be there when you need it most. We repair all types of furnaces—even those we don’t install. For several decades, your friends and neighbors have trusted us for all their HVAC services, including furnace repairs.Schedule Furnace Repair
No matter the day or time, our heating experts are available to assist you. Whether it’s Tuesday evening or 2am on Saturday, Ernst Heating & Cooling offers 24/7 emergency furnace repair!
Warning Signs You Need a Furnace Repair
We’ve been fixing furnaces for more than half a century. Our technicians can diagnose and repair any furnace problem you may be experiencing throughout Hamel, IL and the surrounding areas! Here are some of the most common furnace repair issues.
Your furnace won’t start up.
If your furnace won’t start, first check your thermostat to make sure it’s set correctly. If the thermostat is set right, and the furnace still isn’t starting itself, the problem may be:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- Obstructed gas or propane flow
- A tripped or blown circuit breaker
Your furnace isn’t getting hot enough.
If the air coming from your vents seems cool, check your thermostat first. If it’s set correctly, the issue may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- A dirty filter
- Imbalanced airflow in your home
Your furnace is making noise.
Here’s a quick rundown of some common heating system noises and their causes:
- Loud noises when the furnace starts up. A loud pop at startup can indicate a number of problems. Depending on the noise, the issue may be delayed ignition, a dirty condenser, a faulty inducer motor, or a cracked heat exchanger—which is a carbon monoxide danger, so call Ernst right away if this is happening.
- Rumbling sounds from the furnace. Rumbling may mean that oil is dripping from a nozzle onto the floor and burning. If you hear rumbling, call Ernst right away—oil burning is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Rattling or banging furnace noises. A rattle or bang that starts before the blower begins can mean your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. This is another serious carbon monoxide danger, so, again, call Ernst immediately if you notice this type of noise.
- Groaning, whining, or humming from the furnace. These noises can happen when something is loose inside the unit, or when there is a problem with your furnace’s bearings.
Ernst Electric, Propane, Oil and Gas Furnace Repairs
At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we have the tools, equipment, and knowledge to repair whatever type of furnace you have in your Hamel-area home. When you need furnace repairs for your electric, gas, oil, or propane furnace, call a professional for service and repair. Gas, oil, and propane are highly flammable and can be extremely dangerous when handled improperly. We strongly recommend that you have your furnace professionally tuned up and cleaned twice a year to keep it clean and free of potential safety hazards.
- Gas furnace repair
- Oil furnace repair
- Propane furnace repair
- Electric furnace repair
No matter the type of furnace used to heat your home, Ernst Heating & Cooling can get it up and running again! Call us to schedule your furnace repair at 618.217.1836.
Carbon Monoxide Safety
When properly cleaned and maintained, most furnaces do not produce more than a minimal amount of carbon monoxide. However, if your gas, propane, or oil furnace is dirty and running poorly, it can produce a deadly amount of carbon monoxide. We recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector and alarm in your home, and make sure everyone in your home is familiar with these important carbon monoxide safety measures.
- Gas furnace and carbon monoxide safety recommendations
- Propane furnace and carbon monoxide safety guidelines
- Oil furnace and carbon monoxide safety tips
If you ever have questions or concerns about carbon monoxide, please call Ernst at 618.217.1836.
Our Other Furnace Services
At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we do it all, including:
Contact Ernst for Furnace Repair
Why call us? Ernst offers:
- Options. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Payment plans. Just ask; we have several financing options available through reputable national companies.
- Emergency service. Don’t forget that we offer emergency HVAC repair 24/7, 365 days a year!
Don’t let an inefficient heating system put a chill in your family’s comfort! Ernst offers scheduled and emergency heating repair throughout Madison County and the Metro East area—just call 618.217.1836 or make a service appointment online.