Ductless Mini-Split AC Installation
Providing Cooling Services in Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, & Highland
As a homeowner in the Hamel area, you know just how hot, humid, and muggy our summers can get. Because of this, you need a cooling system that is ready to take on whatever weather Mother Nature throws its way this summer—like a ductless mini-split AC system!
If you’re considering installing a ductless cooling system in your home, call Ernst Heating & Cooling. We offer top quality installation with exceptional customer service. And we’ve been serving Madison County and beyond for years!
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618-887-6093 for ductless mini-split installation—or contact us online to schedule an appointment in Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Hamel, Highland, or the surrounding areas!
How Do Mini-Splits Work?
A mini-split air conditioning system or heat pump has two parts: an outdoor compressor unit and one (or more) indoor units. The two units are connected by a dedicated refrigerant line made of insulated copper tubing threaded through holes drilled behind the indoor units. Electricity from the outdoor unit powers a fan in the indoor unit, which sends cooled air into the room (or area). At the same time, warm air is removed from the space and sent to the outdoor unit.
Mini-Split System Installation
Mini-splits boast easy installation in most cases, with minimal drilling. The indoor unit can be installed high on a wall or even on the ceiling. And the outdoor unit can usually be placed in an inconspicuous spot on your property.
Mini-split AC units are perfect for:
- Older or historic homes
- Apartments and condos
- Additions and home extensions
- Hot spots in your home
- Guest houses and pool houses
- And more!
Ready to install the perfect ductless mini-split AC system in your Hamel home? Contact the professionals at Ernst Heating & Cooling today!
Benefits of Ductless Mini-Splits
By installing a ductless mini-split in your Hamel, Illinois area home, you will receive many benefits including:
- Energy savings – Instead of cooling your entire home, you can cool specific areas that need air conditioning. Each mini-split AC unit can be controlled by its own thermostat!
- Design flexibility – Unlike installing a central air conditioning system, no major renovation is involved when installing mini-split AC systems. The team at Ernst Heating & Cooling can help you determine the best location for your new unit.
- Efficiency – Mitsubishi mini-split systems have SEERs (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) of up to 22. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the system. Most traditional AC units have a SEER of around 13. And since no ductwork is involved, there is no risk of energy loss through ducts.
- Home security – While a through-the-wall or window-mounted AC unit leaves your home vulnerable to intruders, there is no way that a criminal could enter your home through the small hole a ductless air conditioning unit requires for installation.
Why Choose a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Mini-split systems direct heating or cooling to one room or small area of your home. Mini-split systems are a smart choice for homes or parts of homes that don’t have an existing duct system. They are ideal for use in entire homes or room additions as an alternative to adding or extending ductwork. And, with a ductless mini-split system, you can keep the most-used areas of your home cool while saving energy on cooling less-used parts of your home—each system can have up to four indoor units.
Many homeowners use mini-splits to cool their entire homes! They can also be used on a smaller scale to cool home offices, sunrooms, and home gyms.
Why Choose Ernst for Mitsubishi Mini-Split Installation?
- We spend time with you. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- We are knowledgeable. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- We are advanced. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- We offer financing. Just ask; we have several plans available through reputable national companies.
Mini-Split System Installation in Edwardsville & Glen Carbon, Illinois
Keeping your home cool during the hot and humid summer months should be a top priority. With a ductless mini-split, you can rest easy knowing you’re efficiently maintaining the comfort levels in your home. Our team at Ernst Heating & Cooling has been been providing your neighbors with reliable and unparalleled cooling services for more than 65 years, so you can trust us to get the job done right the first time, every time.
If you need fast, effective, and reliable service, our specialists can help. Contact Ernst for ductless mini-split installation today! You can reach us online any time, or through the phone at 618-887-6093.
Additional Services We Offer:
In addition to mini-splits, we install the following types of heating and cooling systems:
- Conventional – We install Lennox air conditioners and furnaces.
- Geothermal – Installing a GeoComfort geothermal heat pump can drastically reduce your energy consumption and decrease your energy bills.
- Boilers – We install Lennox boilers.
- Indoor Air Quality systems – Keep your home comfortable and healthy with humidifiers and dehumidifiers from Lennox.
161 customer reviews
- Bond County
- Bunker Hill
- Cottage Hills
- East Alton
- Glen Carbon
- Granite City
- Jersey County
- Macoupin County
- Madison County
- Mount Olive
- Mulberry Grove
- New Baden
- New Douglas