Fast AC Repair in Hamel ∙ Greenville ∙ Highland ∙ Edwardsville ∙ Maryville ∙ Glen Carbon ∙ and Nearby Areas
If you need air conditioner repair in the middle of the summer, you need AC service from a reliable HVAC company near you. In the Metro East area, including Hamel, Greenville, and Highland and more, that’s Ernst Heating & Cooling!
We provide 24-hour air conditioning repair in Metro East Illinois on all air conditioner makes and models. Our experienced, certified HVAC technicians can diagnose any air conditioner problem, with an honest AC repair estimate before any work is begun.
Local AC Repair in Madison County & Beyond
Do you know who to call for a broken air conditioner? Your neighbors in Greenville, Highland, Edwardsville, and greater Madison County, Illinois call Ernst Heating & Cooling for top-notch AC repair.
When you call us, we send out an experienced air conditioning technician to assess the situation, diagnose the problem, and provide you with a solution to ensure you and your family remain comfortable in your home all summer long.
Common AC Problems in Metro East Illinois
With decades of AC repair experience, we’ve seen every problem there is. Our experts at Ernst Heating & Cooling can figure out the problem with your air conditioning system and get it fixed—fast.
Some of the common problems our experts provide AC repair for are:
- AC constantly running but not cooling – If you hear your system working but it is not cooling properly or at all, something could be limiting its air flow. This could be dirty air filters or possibly debris in registers or the compressor.
- Air conditioner won’t turn on or AC is running constantly – Sometimes a faulty thermostat can be the reason your AC unit isn’t turning on or the reason it is constantly running. Other factors can cause these types of problems, too, so it is best to have a professional assess the situation.
- AC fan not working – If the fan on the outside unit isn’t working correctly, then it can’t conduct proper heat transfer, which can lead to compressor damage.
- Water leaking from AC unit – Leaking water can indicate a blocked drain pipe, rusty condensate pan or other problems. If you discover water leaking from your AC, call us right away. Water leaks can lead to bigger issues, like mold and mildew.
- Air conditioner making loud noises – Is the noise from your air conditioner driving you crazy? Banging, screeching, squealing, squeaking, or other loud noises usually mean something is broken or displaced inside, like a fan belt or other moving part. Call for repair before the part completely wears off or causes more damage.
- Low refrigerant – Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the unit. A low level of refrigerant is usually a sign of a leak, which requires repair right away, as chemical refrigerant can be dangerous.
- Frozen AC coil – The coils inside your central AC can freeze up even in summer’s most brutal heat. If airflow over the coils is impaired, the moisture remains on the extremely cold coils, quickly freezing. Frozen AC coils can cause problems from reduced cooling capacity to compressor failure. One way to stave off frozen coils is to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months.
Whatever the reason is that your air conditioning is not working, our AC specialists can determine and repair the problem quickly and efficiently.
Avoid AC Repairs with AC Maintenance & Tune-Ups
Having your air conditioner tuned up once a year before the warmest weather hits is the best way to catch potential problems before they turn into expensive repairs.
Our air conditioning maintenance tune-ups include:
- Professional inspection – We carefully examine every element for safety and performance issues.
- Cleaning – We thoroughly clean your AC’s evaporator, blower, and condenser coils to help them run more efficiently.
- Lubrication – We will examine all moving parts and make sure they are fully lubricated.
- Tightening and adjustments – Our techs will test and adjust loose electrical connections, blower components, and, when necessary, adjust motor voltage and currents.
Customers with an HVAC Energy Savings Agreement can save 15% on AC repairs along with many other benefits!
Does Your AC Need to Be Repaired or Replaced?
Many air conditioning problems can be fixed with repairs from our expert HVAC technicians, but sometimes, the problem may warrant a new air conditioning system. It may be time for a new air conditioning system if your unit:
- Is more than 10 years old
- Breaks down frequently
- Performs poorly
- Is driving your energy bills up
Click here to get a fast, free estimate on AC replacement or installation!
Why Is Ernst Heating & Cooling the Best Choice for AC Repair?
Why call us? At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we offer:
- Flat-rate pricing – When service technicians find what is wrong with your air conditioner, they will also tell you exactly how much the repair will be. Even if the repair takes longer than expected, you will only have to pay the quoted price.
- Honest consultations – In some cases, it may make more sense to invest in a high-efficiency new air conditioner that qualifies for federal tax credits, utility company rebates, or manufacturer rebates, and that will also lower your monthly utility bill, rather than repairing an old, inefficient system.
- Over 70 years of experience – We’ve been serving the Hamel, Greenville, Highland, Edwardsville, Maryville, and surrounding areas for more than six decades with reliable service. See why your neighbors choose us as their local air conditioner repair specialists!
Schedule Local AC Repair in Metro East Illinois Today!
Don’t let your family be uncomfortable in the summer heat. If your air conditioner gives out unexpectedly, you need a reliable and experienced HVAC company that knows the ins and outs of your air conditioning system. With Ernst Heating & Cooling, you can rest assured knowing you have AC repair experts on the job.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618.217.1836 for reliable, expert, local air conditioning repair in Greenville, Highland, Edwardsville, and nearby areas!
Need emergency air conditioner repair? We do that too! 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.