Ductless Mini-Split AC Repair
Providing Cooling Services in Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, & Highland
So, your ductless mini-split is giving you trouble? We understand that there is nothing more inconvenient than an inoperable system—especially if it’s one of the hottest days of the summer. At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we never want you to feel inconvenienced in your own home, which is why we offer unparalleled ductless cooling system repair. Our team has the expert knowledge to diagnose and fix any ductless mini-split problem—helping you get back the comfort you deserve quickly!
Ductless Mini-Split Repair
Don’t let a system that is giving you trouble—or worse, completely inoperable—keep your family from being comfortable. With the hot and humid summers we get in the Hamel area, you need a cooling system you can rely on, and even more, a repair company you can trust. That’s where Ernst Heating & Cooling can help. Our team has been offer ductless cooling system repair to your Madison County neighbors for more than 65 years. We’re the company you can trust for high quality repairs that will resolve your problems the first time, every time.
In a bind and need repairs in a hurry? No problem! With our 24/7 emergency repair services, you can get the help you need any time, any day. Contact our experts any time you find yourself without the comfort you deserve!
Common Ductless Mini-Split Problems
Ductless mini-split systems are known for their durability and long lifespan. When well-maintained, they can keep your home comfortable for 20 years or more.
But despite their renowned reliability, ductless mini-splits have occasional problems just like any HVAC equipment. Any of the following issues may indicate that repairs are needed:
- The indoor unit is not running – If you don’t feel air coming in from the indoor unit, check the temperature setting and make sure the unit is set on the correct function mode. If this doesn’t solve the issue, call us to check it out.
- The indoor unit isn’t blowing cooled air – First, check your filter for clogs and give it a thorough cleaning. If cleaning doesn’t remove all the dirt and clogs, try replacing it. If cleaning or changing out the filter doesn’t fix the problem, call Ernst. We will check the motor and control board and look for ice buildup on the blower wheel.
- The outdoor unit isn’t running or is making a loud humming noise – When the outdoor unit isn’t working like it should, a number of factors could be the culprit:
- Low refrigerant level
- Malfunctioning condenser fan motor
- Stopped compressor or capacitor
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
Routine maintenance is the best—and easiest!—way to keep your ductless mini-split heat pump operating as consistently and dependably as possible. Call now for professional ductless mini-split heat pump maintenance that you can count on.
A neglected mini-split system will let you down when you need it most. Follow these simple maintenance tips to keep both indoor and outdoor units in good health.
- Clean the air filter every three months. The filters are usually located inside the front cover and can be easily removed and replaced.
- Clean the outdoor unit when you clean the filter. First, turn the power off. Then, simply spray the coil gently with a garden hose, being careful not to bend any of the fins along the coil.
- Take a look at the unit’s wires to make sure connections are tight and check for wire damage.
- Check for leaks by looking for oil or dirt around connections.
Better yet, sign up for an Energy Savings Agreement from Ernst Heating & Cooling, which includes a twice-yearly HVAC precision tune-up! You’ll receive priority scheduling and a 15 percent discount on filters and repairs.
Why Choose Ernst for Ductless Mini-Split Repair?
- We spend time with you. Our techs make sure that you understand the repair we’re making, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- We are knowledgeable. Ernst’s repair technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- We are advanced. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- We offer financing. Just ask; we have several plans available through reputable national companies.
Ductless Mini-Split AC Repair in Edwardsville & Glen Carbon, Illinois
When the summer temperatures are upon us, you need a cooling system you can count on. If your ductless mini-split is giving you one too many headaches, you need a repair company you can trust for quick and efficient results. For the best ductless mini-split repair services in the Madison County area, trust Ernst Heating & Cooling. We’ve been providing dependable repair services to your neighbors for more than 65 years!
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618-887-6093 to learn more and schedule a mini-split system service call.
We also provide ductless mini-split installation in the Metro East area.
Learn about additional HVAC repair services from Ernst.
211 customer reviews