Here are a few things currently happening that will cost you much more money if you choose to wait to replace your system:
- Currently there are manufacturer and utility rebates for high-efficiency systems. These dollar amounts vary depending on utility company and what system you choose but the total value of these rebates we usually see is $550.
- There is a recycling rebate of $500 through the end of June. This rebate is for customers who choose to replace their old, inefficient heating and cooling system.
- Your older system costs you at least $300 more a year in utilities to operate than a new, more efficient system. If you wait 3 more years to replace your system, it could cost you $900 more.
- Your older system will likely cost you at least $1,000 more in repairs if you decide to keep it 3 more years.
- Inflation…you’re probably tired of hearing about it. Covid-19, supply chain issues, manufacturing plant shutdowns. You know things are going to cost more in the future. We’ve seen price increases of over 25% in just the last year. We expect this to ease slightly but plan for another 15-20% each year for the next several years. This could mean upwards of an additional $2,500 if you choose to wait 3 years to replace your system.
What does this mean for you and your older heating and cooling system? It means you are paying around $5,500 – $6,000 more than you need to if you choose to wait.
At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we are your trusted, hometown problem solvers and have been since 1951. It is our responsibility to make sure you are informed about your heating and cooling system. I only want to provide this information so you can plan and save money. Call us today at 618.217.1836 to schedule a free in-home estimate that will give you the specifics on how much you could truly save by acting now.
Dusty Ernst, General Manager