Furnace Repair in Alhambra, IL
The professionals at Ernst Heating & Cooling understand just how vital a working furnace is to your Alhambra home during a typical Illinois winter. While preventative maintenance and care for your furnace will greatly reduce the risk of breakdowns and malfunctions, you can expect to have the occasional minor repair need during the lifetime of your system. When that happens, you will need the training and expertise of a certified professional.
That’s where Ernst and our team of professionals comes in! Our goals are simple: Help our valued customers achieve and maintain superior performance, home efficiency, and comfort by offering comprehensive furnace services. We work hard to find the best, most efficient, and budget-friendly heating solutions that are specifically tailored to fit your home and family’s needs.
Don’t wait days for furnace repair in the Alhambra, IL area! Call Ernst Heating & Cooling 24/7 for repairs at 618-887-6093.
Electric Furnace Repair & More in Alhambra, IL
The experts at Ernst can repair any type of furnace, whether it runs on electric, oil, gas, or propane. We have the tools, equipment, and knowledge to service whatever type of furnace you have in your Alhambra home. We make it a priority to stay up-to-date on the latest training and industry standards, and can complete your repairs safely and efficiently.
Common Furnace Problems
We’ve been fixing furnaces in the Alhambra area for more than half a century. We can diagnose and repair any furnace problem! Here are some of the most common furnace repair issues:
Your furnace won’t start up
First, check your thermostat to make sure it’s set correctly. If the thermostat is set right, and the furnace still isn’t starting itself, the problem may be:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- Obstructed gas or propane flow
- A tripped or blown circuit breaker
Your furnace isn’t getting hot enough
Once again, check your thermostat first. If it’s set correctly, the issue may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- A dirty filter
- Imbalanced airflow in your home
Your furnace is making noise
Here’s a quick rundown of some common noises and their causes:
- Loud noises when the furnace starts up. A loud pop at startup can indicate a number of problems. Depending on the noise, the issue may be delayed ignition, a dirty condenser, a faulty inducer motor, or a cracked heat exchanger—which is a carbon monoxide danger, so leave the house right away and call 911 first. Then, call Ernst at 618-887-6093.
- Rumbling sounds from the furnace. Rumbling may mean that oil is dripping from a nozzle onto the floor and burning. If you hear rumbling, call Ernst right away—oil burning is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Rattling or banging furnace noises. A rattle or bang that starts before the blower begins can mean your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. This is another serious carbon monoxide danger, so, again, call Ernst immediately if you notice this type of noise.
- Groaning, whining, or humming from the furnace. These noises can happen when something is loose inside the unit or when there is a problem with your furnace’s bearings.
Comprehensive Furnace Services
Our fundamentals are simple: Provide our customers with prompt, reliable service, superior workmanship, and unparalleled quality customer service based on the principles of honesty and integrity.
Our highly-trained professionals have the experience needed to provide Alhambra residents with a wide range of comprehensive furnace services to help keep your furnace performing reliably and efficiently year after year. Our services include:
- New system installation
- Preventative Maintenance Plans
- Repair services for all models and fuel types
- Furnace replacement
- 24-hour emergency services
Your Ernst furnace expert can diagnose and repair any furnace problem, regardless of the model or fuel type—even those we don’t install. We would love the opportunity to show you how our comprehensive furnace services can help you increase efficiency, improve comfort, and reduce overall costs.
If you have questions about any of the services we offer, or would like to request services for your furnace in Alhambra, call to speak with one of our professionals at 618-887-6093. You can also contact us online to get started!
When to Call for Emergency Furnace Repair Services
There’s nothing worse than coming home after a long winter day only to discover your home is freezing and the furnace is on the fritz—leaving you and your family to bear the brunt of a winter night in Illinois, curled up under every spare blanket in the house.
It’s during these types of unexpected moments when it’s most important to have trusted and reliable professionals in Alhambra that you can depend on for prompt and reliable services—even if they happen in the middle of the night!
If you are experiencing a furnace emergency, we’re here to help! Our 24-hour emergency repairs services can help to restore the heat in your home quickly and efficiently, regardless of the time of day.
Furnace Repair in Alhambra, Illinois
We’re proud to be your hometown heating and air conditioning specialists in historic Alhambra, IL. When we’re not having fun at the Fireman and Legion Park or taking a stroll down Main Street, we are providing the highest-quality furnace repair services to Alhambra, IL homeowners. Because we’re nearby, we can provide emergency repairs in just hours. If you have questions about furnace repair or any of our other wide-ranging comprehensive services, give us a call at 618-887-6093 or contact us online!
253 customer reviews