As a Hillsboro homeowner, you can certainly understand the importance of having a reliable furnace during one of our typical Illinois winters. However, it can sometimes be difficult to tell if your older furnace has simply developed a moody grumble or if your furnace truly needs repair services. That’s where our team of Ernst Heating & Cooling professionals comes in!
Our technicians will use the latest industry-leading technology, innovative techniques, and state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose your specific issues and perform any necessary furnace repairs—helping to restore the comfort to your home as quickly as possible.
Common Furnace Problems
We’ve been fixing furnaces in the Hillsboro area for more than half a century and can diagnose and repair almost any furnace problem! Here are some of the most common furnace repair issues:
Your furnace won’t start up
First, check your thermostat to make sure it’s set correctly. If the thermostat is set right and the furnace still isn’t starting itself, the problem may be:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- Obstructed gas or propane flow
- A tripped or blown circuit breaker
Your furnace isn’t getting hot enough
Once again, check your thermostat first. If it’s set correctly, the issue may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- A dirty filter
- Imbalanced airflow in your home
Your furnace is making noise
Here’s a quick rundown of some common noises and their causes:
- Loud noises when the furnace starts up. A loud pop at startup can indicate a number of problems. Depending on the noise, the issue may be delayed ignition, a dirty condenser, a faulty inducer motor, or a cracked heat exchanger—which is a carbon monoxide danger. Call Ernst at 618.217.1836 right away if this is happening.
- Rumbling sounds from the furnace. Rumbling may mean that oil is dripping from a nozzle onto the floor and burning. If you hear rumbling, call Ernst right away since oil burning is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Rattling or banging furnace noises. A rattle or bang that starts before the blower begins can mean your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. This is another serious carbon monoxide danger, so, again, call Ernst immediately if you notice this type of noise.
- Groaning, whining, or humming from the furnace. These noises can happen when something is loose inside the unit or when there is a problem with your furnace’s bearings.
Benefits of Furnace Preventative Maintenance Services
Making sure to schedule routine and preventative furnace maintenance offers a number of benefits for Hillsboro homeowners. During these semi-annual service calls, your technician has the opportunity to identify potential issues and perform simple on-demand furnace repairs as needed.
No matter what make or model of furnace you have in your Illinois home, routine and preventative maintenance services offer added, and sometimes unexpected, benefits including:
- Increased overall efficiency of your home
- Lower energy costs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Fewer breakdowns over time
- Extended system lifespan
- Enhanced indoor comfort
- Reduced safety and health risks
Furnace Repair Services
When you choose Ernst for your furnace repair services in Hillsboro, you can be sure your expert technician will work diligently to repair your furnace and restore the efficient and reliable performance you’ve come to expect from your home’s heating system.
Our highly-trained and experienced technicians can handle all of your furnace and heating needs in Hillsboro—ensuring your family enjoys consistent, reliable comfort year round. Our comprehensive furnace services include:
- New system installation
- Preventative Maintenance Plans
- Repair services for all furnace makes and models
- Furnace replacement
- 24-hour emergency repair services
Carbon Monoxide Safety
When properly cleaned and maintained, most furnaces do not produce more than a minimal amount of carbon monoxide. However, if your gas, propane, or oil furnace is dirty and running poorly, it can produce a deadly amount of carbon monoxide. We recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector and alarm in your home, and make sure everyone in your home is familiar with these important carbon monoxide safety measures:
- Gas furnace and carbon monoxide safety recommendations
- Propane furnace and carbon monoxide safety guidelines
- Oil furnace and carbon monoxide safety tips
If you ever have questions or concerns about carbon monoxide, please call Ernst at 618.217.1836!
Expert Furnace Services in Hillsboro, IL
For over 50 years, Ernst Heating & Cooling has been proudly serving Hillsboro, IL and the surrounding areas with superior furnace services and unparalleled customer service. Our technicians are factory-trained, certified, licensed, and thoroughly vetted to handle all your furnace and heating needs in Hillsboro, IL.
We are honored to listen to your specific needs and address any concerns you may be having with the heating and cooling systems in your Hillsboro home. During your service call, your technician will look for a variety of budget-friendly heating and cooling solutions and services that can help you improve the efficiency and overall performance of your home while helping to reduce your energy usage and long-term operational costs.