Whether you’re experiencing sporadic heating or no heating at all, call Ernst Heating & Cooling—we are furnace repair experts! If you’re having concerns about your furnace’s performance, our experts can diagnose the problem and conduct the necessary repairs to bring clean, circulating heat back to your home quickly and efficiently. As the local authority in HVAC, Ernst technicians can repair all types of furnaces, no matter the brand or model.
You don’t need to wait days for furnace repair in Lebanon! Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 or make an appointment online. We also offer 24/7 emergency repair so you’re never without heat!
Electric Furnace Repair & More in Lebanon, IL
It doesn’t matter if you have an electric furnace whose fan isn’t running, or a gas furnace that’s cycling between off and on; at Ernst Heating & Cooling, we have the tools, equipment, and knowledge to service whatever type of furnace you have in your Lebanon-area home. Our NATE-certified technicians can provide:
- Gas furnace repair
- Oil furnace repair
- Propane furnace repair
- Electric furnace repair
If your home’s furnace is too far gone, Ernst Heating & Cooling also installs durable, reliable, and efficient Lennox furnaces. Learn more about our furnace installation services to see if it’s the right choice for your system.
Common Furnace Problems
We’ve been fixing furnaces in the Lebanon area for more than half a century! We are certain our expert HVAC technicians can diagnose and repair any furnace problem! Here are some of the most common issues that signal furnace repair is needed:
Your furnace won’t start up
First: check your thermostat to make sure it’s set correctly. If the thermostat is set right, and the furnace still isn’t starting itself, the problem may be:
- A malfunctioning pilot light
- Obstructed gas or propane flow
- A tripped or blown circuit breaker
Your furnace isn’t getting hot enough
Once again, check your thermostat first. If it’s set correctly, the issue may be:
- Leaky ductwork
- A dirty filter
- Imbalanced airflow in your home
Your furnace is making noise
Here’s a quick rundown of some common noises and their causes:
- Loud noises when the furnace starts up. A loud pop at startup can indicate a number of problems. Depending on the noise, the issue may be delayed ignition, a dirty condenser, a faulty inducer motor, or a cracked heat exchanger—which is a carbon monoxide danger, so call Ernst right away if this is happening.
- Rumbling sounds from the furnace. Rumbling may mean that oil is dripping from a nozzle onto the floor and burning. If you hear rumbling, call Ernst right away—oil burning is another carbon monoxide hazard.
- Rattling or banging furnace noises. A rattle or bang that starts before the blower begins can mean your furnace has a cracked heat exchanger. This is another serious carbon monoxide danger, so, again, call Ernst immediately if you notice this type of noise.
- Groaning, whining, or humming from the furnace. These noises can happen when something is loose inside the unit, or when there is a problem with your furnace’s bearings.
Safe, Reliable Furnace Repair in Lebanon, IL
When you have a problem with your furnace, it’s important to call a professional for service and repair. There are many complex parts to your furnace that a DIY job could cause to malfunction. Not to mention, gas, oil, and propane are highly flammable and can be extremely dangerous when handled improperly.
When properly cleaned and maintained, most furnaces do not produce more than a minimal amount of carbon monoxide. However, if your gas, propane, or oil furnace is dirty and running poorly, it can produce a deadly amount of carbon monoxide. We recommend that you install a carbon monoxide detector and alarm in your home, and make sure everyone in your home is familiar with these important carbon monoxide safety measures.
- Gas furnace and carbon monoxide safety recommendations
- Propane furnace and carbon monoxide safety guidelines
- Oil furnace and carbon monoxide safety tips
If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak in your home, leave it immediately and call 911.
To keep your furnace clean and free of potential safety hazards, we strongly recommend that you have your furnace professionally tuned up and cleaned twice a year.
Your Local Lebanon, IL Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors
We’re proud to be your hometown heating and air conditioning specialists in historic Lebanon, IL. When we’re not taking a stroll through Horner Park or attending events at the oldest college in Illinois, we are providing the highest-quality furnace repair services to Lebanon, IL homeowners. Because we’re nearby, we can provide emergency repairs in just hours.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 for fast, reliable furnace repair in Lebanon, IL now!
291 customer reviews