Whether your A/C or furnace’s life span is nearing its end and you’re looking for a fresh alternative, or you’re looking for the best way to heat and cool your new home, consider these major benefits of a geothermal system.
1. Lower cost – You’ll receive very efficient performance from geothermal heating and cooling. This is mainly because a geothermal heat pump extracts its heat energy from underground, where a constant moderate temperature supplies an always reliable source of heat. When in cooling mode, a geothermal heat pump works like a heat pump or A/C, by extracting heat from your home. However, instead of routing the heat through an outside condensing unit, a geothermal system deposits that heat energy back in the earth.
2. Clean and safe – A geothermal heat pump requires no combustion to provide you with heat; this means no danger of carbon-monoxide poisoning.
3. Environmentally friendly – A geothermal system will emit no greenhouse gases. Also, its low electricity requirements help reduce peak demand on electrical plants. These are two reasons the federal EPA and Department of Energy recognize geothermal as the most environmentally friendly way to heat and cool your home.
4. Quiet operation – Unlike an air conditioner or a heat pump, a geothermal system has no outdoor unit that will make loud noises or require maintenance due to wear from ice, snow or rain. A geothermal unit operates smoothly and quietly.
5. A sound investment – The cost of installing a geothermal system is an investment that pays for itself in the long run. Take advantage of available rebates and tax credits (including a 30 percent federal tax credit for qualified systems) to help with your purchase and installation. Since geothermal systems typically last far longer than other systems, you’ll know you have years of low heating and cooling bills to look forward to.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Illinois and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).