Our Whole-House Energy Savings Ideas Just For Metro-East Homeowners
Energy savings is at the forefront of a lot of people’s minds today, fueled by job loss, the economic climate, and rising prices. In general, people are looking for lots of different ways to cut costs, and saving energy is one good way to spend less. Because heating and cooling costs, and energy use in general, take up a good chunk of a homeowner’s budget, it makes sense to address this area.
The government also realizes the pinch homeowners feel, and they’re working with the American population to increase efficiency by developing stricter energy-use guidelines. This has led to a host of energy-efficient products now available on the market, with more energy-efficient equipment forthcoming.
With the help of Energy Star, a government site co-sponsored by the EPA and DOE, you can get energy-efficient suggestions tailored to your city and the type of equipment you use. Their online tool, Home Advisor, suggests that a Metro-East homeowner can save up to 26 percent by addressing areas like:
- Sealing Air and Ductwork Leaks. Both processes are low-cost solutions to big energy-loss contributors. In fact, leaks in ductwork alone can lead to losses of up to 20 percent.
- Insulation. A well-insulated home means a more comfortable home, and it allows you to use your HVAC equipment more efficiently.
- HVAC Equipment. Homeowners who replace systems older than 10 years gain significant savings by using more energy-efficient equipment.
- Water Heating. You may not realize it, but most homes use significant energy to produce hot water – in some cases hot water heating uses 25 percent of all the energy consumed.
- Your Thermostat. If you’re not using a programmable thermostat, implementing programmed temperature setbacks is a low-cost solution to get the most out of your energy-efficient equipment.
Take advantage of every resource you have, such as Energy Star, to increase energy savings and have more money in your pocket to do the things you love. Ernst Heating and Cooling has served the Metro-East area since 1951. We know what consumers need and we are here to help you with energy savings. Call us with your questions.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Ernst Heating & Cooling services Hamel, Illinois and the surrounding areas. To get started, check out our website or check out our monthly specials.
315 customer reviews