Your heating and air equipment is an investment for your family. You expect long life and years of consistent performance from both your furnace and air conditioner (or heat pump if you use one). The best way to get those long years of dependability is by having an annual precision tune-up on both.
Before each season begins, your heating and cooling equipment should each be thoroughly checked. Remember, they worked hard all last season and then sat idle for months. Annual precision tune-up are an investment in your investments.
Minimum service on a furnace should include:
- Burner Efficiency: Deposits can form on the burner and cause it to operate poorly. This can cause wasted fuel and uneven burning.
- Proper Air to Fuel Mix: Gas and oil furnaces have to have oxygen for fuel combustion to take place. Without the best mix of both, your furnace can heat unevenly and waste fuel.
- Chamber Cleaning: Heating chambers can build up with soot. When this remains for a time, it can corrode the metal and cause cracks. This can drastically shorten the life of the unit.
- Flue Pipe Adjustments: The flue must draw fumes and smoke outside. If the damper isn’t properly balanced, too much or not enough air is pulled in. This can lead to several problems.
Annual service for an air conditioning unit should include the following:
- Clean Evaporator and Condenser: These coils are the heart of your air conditioner. A layer of grime can reduce their efficiency and interfere with proper operation.
- Lubrication and Belt Maintenance: Belts can loosen and become worn. Then they slip and the fan doesn’t work to full capacity. Lubrication wears off. Friction in areas without proper lubrication increases power usage and can lead to a serious breakdown.
- Loose Electrical Connections: Vibrations can loosen wires. Tightening these prevents arcing and breakdowns.
These are just a few of things performed during the annual precision tune-up visit for your cooling and heating equipment. The full examination is too long to list here. Keep your investment solid; contact us at Ernst Heating and Cooling. We can set up automatic annual precision tune-ups for each of your units. Call us for details or any questions. We’re always happy to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.