Your Home Might Be A Prime Candidate For Zoned Temperature Control
Zoned temperature control can be a huge benefit to many homeowners in the Metro-East area. Installing an HVAC zoning system can improve your overall indoor comfort while at the same time saving you money on your heating and cooling bills.
Zoned temperature control is especially beneficial for houses that feature any of the following:
- More than one story. Cool air is denser than hot air, and therefore tends to sink down to the lowest part of the house. This doesn’t really matter for single-story homes, but if your house has two floors or more, it can lead to the first floor being as much as 10 degrees cooler than the top floor. Zoned temperature control corrects this problem.
- New additions. If your house has been added on to, there is a good chance that the newer part of the house has different insulating properties than the original construction. That means it has different heating and cooling needs, and will likely end up at a different temperature if you do not have a zoning system.
- Rooms with large windows that face south or west. The Illinois sun will heat up those rooms during the midday or afternoon hours, turning part of your home into a greenhouse. Zoned temperature control can keep those rooms just as cool as the rest of the house.
- Rooms that stay empty for long stretches of time. That could mean a guest bedroom or game room, or any part of the house that sits empty for eight hours or more each day. With a zoning system and programmable thermostats, you can cut back on the heating and cooling in those rooms while they’re empty, lowering your home’s energy consumption.
- Family members who cannot agree on a comfortable temperature. If people are constantly fighting over the thermostat, a zoning system will give them each their own thermostat to set as they see fit.
If some of the above sounds familiar, you should probably give zoned temperature control a look. To learn more, contact us at Ernst Heating & Cooling. We would be happy to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Illinois and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about zoned temperature control and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
160 customer reviews