Are you thinking about a new furnace for your Bond County home? Get expert advice from the experienced team at Ernst Heating & Cooling. We offer a wide selection of energy-efficient Lennox furnaces that will warm your home and may even keep your heating bill from going sky-high this winter. Call us today at 618-887-6093 to schedule a consultation for furnace installation in Bond County.
Furnaces & Energy Efficiency
At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we install Lennox furnaces. All gas furnaces from Lennox have an AFUE rating of at least 80 percent. What does that mean?
Every furnace has an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating. The rating is calculated by dividing how efficiently the furnace converts energy (fuel) to heat by the annual fossil fuel energy the furnace uses. An AFUE of 80 percent means that 80 percent of the furnace’s fuel becomes heat while 20 percent escapes through the chimney and other gaps in the home.
A gas furnace installed in the mid-1970s is likely to have an AFUE rating of around 65 percent. That means it’s letting 35 percent of its heat out of the house!
We can help you choose the right furnace for your Bond County home by taking a look at your budget, comparing options, such as AFUE rating, size, and more, and then deciding which model will best suit your needs.
Lennox Furnace Types
Lennox offers a number of different furnaces to meet a variety of needs and budgets. Ernst installs Lennox furnaces because we have found them to be the most durable, reliable, and efficient furnaces on the market today. You can choose a Lennox furnace from three categories:
- Dave Lennox Signature® Collection. These models use Silent Comfort™ technology to provide even, comfortable heating and remarkably quiet operation. ENERGY STAR® qualified, these furnaces have AFUE ratings of up to 98.2 percent! They feature dual-fuel capabilities, allowing you to combine them with an electric heat pump to help minimize heating costs. Their sealed blower compartments minimize heat loss and increase comfort. Both the SLP98V and the SL280V models can be installed with Lennox’s iComfort Wi-Fi® thermostat for even more advanced efficiency.
- Elite® Series. With five different models to choose from, the Elite® Series of gas furnaces has something for every homeowner. These models have AFUE ratings ranging from 80 to 96 percent. Each of the five furnaces offers its own set of features such as Power Saver technology, a SureLight® igniter, enhanced humidity control, a Power Saver™ Constant Torque motor, two-stage gas valve, and more.
- Merit® Series. These efficient gas furnaces are economical and offer AFUE ratings of 80 to 95 percent. They are equipped with Duralok Plus® heat exchangers, dual-fuel capability, and Lennox’s durable, high-quality design.
Your knowledgeable Ernst furnace installer can help you decide which furnace is the best choice for you and your family.
How Do I Know If I Need a New Furnace?
When your furnace is completely worn down and won’t even turn on, you know it’s time for a new one. But if you’re not sure, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the furnace more than 15 – 20 years old? An older furnace is typically less efficient and is probably creating higher energy bills than a newer model would.
- Have your energy bills been rising with no obvious explanation? Your furnace may be unable to run efficiently anymore—and if it’s working harder to produce heat, it’s costing you more.
- Is your furnace repair estimate $500 or more? If so, installing a new, efficient model is probably a better investment and will save you money in the long run.
If you are having trouble deciding between furnace repair or replacement, call us for a free estimate.
How Long Does It Take to Install a Furnace?
In most cases, it takes about one day to install a furnace. Your installation time may vary depending on your home. At Ernst, we will do our best to give you an accurate installation time estimate. Safety and quality are our top considerations when installing a new furnace.
Choose Ernst for Bond County Furnace Installation
Why call us?
- We spend time with you. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- We are knowledgeable. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps us stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- We are advanced. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- We offer financing. Just ask; we have several plans available through reputable national companies.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618-887-6093 to learn more! Or schedule an appointment online.
Bond County Furnace Installation Specials
Our list of rebates and discounts are updated regularly. Check out our Monthly Specials.
In addition to furnaces, Ernst Heating & Cooling installs:
- Geothermal systems – Installing a Lennox geothermal heat pump can drastically reduce your energy consumption and decrease your energy bills.
- Mini-split systems – Mini-split systems direct heating or cooling to one room or a small area of your home.
- Boilers – We install Lennox boilers.
- Indoor Air Quality systems – Keep your home comfortable with humidifiers and dehumidifiers from Lennox.
195 customer reviews