Geothermal systems are known for their reliability, but even these efficiency powerhouses have occasional problems. When your geothermal heat pump needs repair, call Ernst Heating & Cooling. We were one of the first Metro East Illinois HVAC companies to bring geothermal systems to market in the area, so we have extensive knowledge and expertise when it comes to these systems.
Common Geothermal Heat Pump Repair Issues
Most geothermal heat pump problems are caused by leaks, disconnected wires, defective valves, broken heat exchangers, or malfunctioning loop systems. These problems typically manifest themselves in the following ways:
- Heat pump isn’t sufficiently heating or cooling your home – The problem could be restricted air flow or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Filters clogging more frequently than usual – If you find that your geothermal system’s filters are becoming clogged or excessively dirty more often, give us a call.
- Pump is making unusual noises – Your geothermal heat pump shouldn’t be making alarming sounds. This is often a sign of a broken or loose part, like a fan belt or a malfunctioning motor.
- Heat pump won’t turn on – After you’ve checked to make sure everything’s connected and plugged in, and the pump still won’t turn on, call us to come check it out.
- Humidity is uncontrolled – If your home feels uncomfortably humid, it may indicate that your indoor unit is too large for your home or there is too much air flow coming in.
- The indoor unit is leaking – Leaking is not only a sign of a larger problem, it can cause another issues as well—mildew and mold growth. Don’t hesitate to call for service if your indoor geothermal unit is leaking.
If you experience these or other geothermal heat pump problems, contact Ernst Heating & Cooling right away. We’ll dispatch one of our expert repair technicians to diagnose and solve the issue.
Call 618.217.1836 for geothermal heat pump repair in Breese and the surrounding area.
We also offer complete geothermal heat pump installation!
24-Hour Emergency Heating and Cooling Repair in the Hamel Area
The Ernst Heating and Cooling trucks are always fully stocked with the parts needed to get the job done. When you need emergency heating or cooling repair in Breese any time, day or night, call Ernst right away at 618.217.1836.
Ernst Is the Right Choice for Breese Emergency HVAC Repair
Why call us? Ernst offers:
- Options. Our techs make sure that you understand the repair we’re making, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- Expertise. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour of training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- Innovation. Ernst was the first in the Metro East area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Payment plans. Just ask; we have several financing options available through reputable national companies.