Have you ever considered a geothermal heat pump for your Marine home? Geothermal systems extract heat from the earth and use it to both heat and cool your home. And because it uses substantially less energy than traditional HVAC systems—20 to 50 percent less—it will save you money on your utility bills! Ernst Heating & Cooling installs geothermal heat pumps in the Marine area.
Geothermal energy works unlike any other HVAC system you’ve known before. Read on to learn how it can benefit you—and your energy bills.
Whether returning from a day with the family at Cahokia Mounds State Park or a visit at the World’s Largest Ketchup Bottle—you want your home to be a comfortable temperature. With a geothermal heating and cooling system you can ensure your Madison County home will be comfortable for years to come. Call the experts of Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618.217.1836 to find out more!
How Does Geothermal Heating and Cooling Work?
The ground absorbs nearly half of the solar energy our planet receives. As a result, the earth remains at a constant, moderate temperature just below its surface all year round. However, air temperature varies greatly from summer to winter, making traditional heating and cooling least efficient when you need it the most.
Geothermal energy is heat sourced directly from the earth. Electric ground source heat pumps are connected to an underground loop to collect heat trapped in the earth and use it to both heat and cool homes and other buildings. In the winter, the heat pumps pull heat from the ground and direct it into the building. In the summer, the heat pumps take heat from the building to cool it down.
Ground source heat pumps are extremely versatile as they can be installed horizontally, vertically, or even in a lake or pond.
Benefits of Installing a Geothermal Heat Pump in Madison County
Significant energy savings (up to 50 percent!) isn’t the only benefit of installing a geothermal heating and cooling system in your Marine home. Additional advantages include:
- Safety – Geothermal systems don’t require open flames or flammable material, and all outdoor components are completely underground.
- Convenience – One ground source heat pump can supply your home’s heating, cooling, and water heating. The indoor units usually take up no more space than a traditional HVAC unit.
- Performance – Geothermal heating will keep your Marine home warmer in the winter. The heat pumps are extremely durable, and most manufacturers offer a warranty of up to 50 years for the system’s underground pipe.
- Comfort – Geothermal systems help eliminate “cold spots” in your home. They’re also much quieter than other heating and cooling options! Allowing you to relax more comfortably in your Marine home.
- Money savings – Although installing a geothermal heating and cooling system requires a larger initial outlay, you will benefit from significantly lower operating and maintenance costs for the life of the system. Most of your investment can be recouped in as quickly as three years. And you may be eligible for a federal tax credit or a utility company rebate.
Will a Geothermal System Work in Your Marine Home?
In nearly all cases, the answer is yes! Ernst Heating & Cooling can retrofit and install a ground source heat pump almost anywhere, for any building.
If your home has existing ductwork, it is most likely sufficient for a geothermal system. Should any alterations need to be made, your Ernst geothermal technician will let you know right away. If your home doesn’t have ductwork, you will be given an estimate for ductwork installation.
How Long Does Geothermal Heat Pump Installation Take?
The timetable for installing a geothermal heating and cooling system depends on several variables, but typical installations are usually completed in about two days.
The experienced technicians at Ernst Heating & Cooling are extremely knowledgeable about the geothermal installation process. They will be able to answer any questions you have.
Geothermal Heating and Cooling Services in Madison County
A geothermal heating and cooling system can drastically reduce your energy consumption and decrease your energy bills. It’s a solid investment that will improve your home’s comfort for years to come— an investment that will enable you to enjoy about two decades of energy bill reductions of 40 to 60 percent! If you’re still unsure whether a geothermal heat pump system is the right choice for your home, Ernst Heating & Cooling can walk you through the advantages and very few disadvantages!
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618.217.1836 to find out if a geothermal heat pump is right for your Marine home.