Geothermal Installation in Metro East IL
Want to have a significantly more energy-efficient heating and cooling system in your Illinois home? Install a geothermal system from Ernst Heating & Cooling.
Geothermal energy works unlike any other HVAC system you’ve known before. Read on to learn how it can benefit you—and your energy bills.
For geothermal heat pump installation in Metro East Illinois, call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093.
Save on Your Geothermal Installation
Tax credits and rebates for geothermal equipment are often available. Give us a call today and ask what savings are available for your energy efficient installations!
How Does Geothermal Heating and Cooling Work?
Geothermal energy is heat sourced directly from the earth. Electric ground source heat pumps are connected to an underground loop to collect heat trapped in the earth and use it to both heat and cool homes and other buildings. In the winter, the heat pumps pull heat from the ground and direct it into the building. In the summer, the heat pumps take heat from the building to cool it down.
Ground source heat pumps are extremely versatile as they can be installed horizontally, vertically, or even in a lake or pond.
Benefits of Geothermal Systems
Significant energy savings (20 to 50 percent!) isn’t the only benefit of installing a geothermal heating and cooling system in your Metro East Illinois home. Additional advantages include:
- Safety – Geothermal systems don’t require open flames or flammable material, and all outdoor components are completely underground.
- Convenience – One ground source heat pump can supply your heating, cooling, and water heating. The indoor units usually take up no more space than a traditional HVAC unit.
- Performance – Geothermal heating will keep your home warmer in the winter. The heat pumps are extremely durable, and most manufacturers offer a warranty of up to 50 years for the system’s underground pipe.
- Comfort – Geothermal systems help eliminate “cold spots” in your home.
- Money savings – Although installing a geothermal heating and cooling system requires a larger initial outlay, you will benefit from significantly lower operating and maintenance costs for the life of the system. Most of your investment can be recouped in as quickly as three years. And you may be eligible for a federal tax credit or a utility company rebate.
Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling to learn more about the benefits of geothermal systems.
Will a Geothermal System Work in Your Metro East Home?
In nearly all cases, the answer is yes! Ernst Heating & Cooling can retrofit and install a ground source heat pump almost anywhere, for any building.
If your home has existing ductwork, it is most likely sufficient for a geothermal system. Should any alterations need to be made, your Ernst geothermal technician will let you know right away. If your home doesn’t have ductwork, you will be given an estimate for ductwork installation.
How Long Does Geothermal System Installation Take?
The timetable for installing a geothermal heating and cooling system depends on several variables, but typical installations are usually completed in about two days.
The experienced technicians at Ernst Heating & Cooling are extremely knowledgeable about the geothermal installation process. They will be able to answer any questions you have.
Want to learn more about geothermal energy? Call 618-887-6093 or contact us online.
Install a Geothermal Heat Pump in Your Metro East IL Home
A geothermal heating and cooling system can drastically reduce your energy consumption and decrease your energy bills. Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling today to find out if a geothermal heat pump is right for you.
Geothermal System Repairs
Do you already have a geothermal system? Do you need qualified, experienced repairs? Give us a call today!
Learn more about geothermal repairs »
111 customer reviews
A furnace is more than just a heating system for your home during the cold months in Illinois—it’s a source of comfort for you and...