Considering a New A/C Purchase? 7 Reasons Why You Should Go for It
Is this the year that you finally upgrade your cooling equipment? While the initial costs associated with a new A/C purchase may leave you shivering, hearing the many benefits should warm you up to the idea. Here are seven key advantages to replacing your old or balky air conditioner before the heat wave hits.
- 1. Tax incentives – This benefit is here for a limited time only. In order to enjoy significant federal tax credits on energy-efficient HVAC upgrades, you’ve got to purchase new equipment before the end of 2013. (The tax credits also may be good for qualifying 2012 purchases.) Work with your contractor to select an eligible air conditioner.
- 2. Lower cooling costs – If you’re tired of your utility bills going through the roof during the summer months, an upgrade is the answer. New air conditioners are designed with numerous energy-savings features and higher seasonal energy efficiency ratios (SEER). This means that your energy bills will shrink during the cooling months.
- 3. Boosted comfort – Less spending doesn’t have to mean less comfortable. Today’s cooling systems are also manufactured to promote higher levels of home comfort through a more constant stream of cooled air, increasingly even temperatures, and improvements to humidity control.
- 4. Improved air quality – When your A/C is better able to control moisture and humidity, your home is at less of a risk for mold and mildew growth. With a variable speed blower motor, your high-efficiency A/C will run at a slower, more continuous speed much of the time, which also means improved air filtration.
- 5. Eco-friendly – Do you want to do your part to help the environment? Most new air conditioners and heat pumps use an EPA-approved and non-ozone depleting refrigerant (R-410A).
- 6. Dependable equipment – Don’t risk a mid-season A/C breakdown. By upgrading your equipment now, you can rest assured that your system will run smoothly all summer.
- 7. Warranty coverage – If something does happen to go wrong, newer systems are covered by warranty protection. Even if you only replace the ailing unit of your split-system A/C with a compatible dry-charged unit, you’ll avoid repair costs while enjoying some degree of coverage on your equipment.
For expert advice on a new A/C purchase, contact the professionals at Ernst Heating & Cooling. We proudly serve residents of the Alton, Edwardsville and Glen Carbon, Illinois area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Alton, Glen Carbon, Highland, Greenville, and Troy, Illinois and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about a new A/C purchase and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock
243 customer reviews