Save Money with a Programmable Thermostat
If you have been thinking of ways to save money on your heating and cooling costs, a programmable thermostat is a must. While adjusting your thermostat manually may seem easy enough, a programmable thermostat can lead to increased comfort and cost savings, even when you are not at home!
There are many benefits to installing a programmable thermostat in your home! Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling for thermostat installation in the Hamel, IL area.
How You Can Save Money with a Programmable Thermostat in Hamel, IL
You may have wondered if spending the money on a programmable thermostat is worth it. The good news is that even with the simplest and cheapest of programmable thermostat you can save a percentage of what you are paying now on energy costs. There are many ways a programmable thermostat can save you money, including:
- Increased Control. Programmable thermostats give you control over your home’s temperature by allowing you to set different heating and cooling schedule or schedules according to what goes on in your home during the day.
- Personalized settings. Many people leave their home for work, school or other commitments and their home continues to heat and cool while no one is there. With a programmable thermostat, you can set a specific program that allows your home to be comfortable while you are home, saving you money while you’re not.
For example, in the winter months, everyone leaves at 8 am, you can set your thermostat to drop from 70 degrees to 64 degrees, then set it to start heating up again an hour or so before everyone is due home. If you get home earlier you can easily manually adjust the temperature or if you have smartphone access to your thermostat, turn the heat up as you leave for home.
You can also have a different schedule set for night time, warming up the house at 5 am before everyone gets up or staying warmer on the weekend when everyone is home. This schedule setting allows you to adjust the temperature in your home so your home is comfortable when you need it most.
Different Types of Thermostats
There are many different types of thermostats available today and which one you choose will depend on how you wish to use it and how much money you wish to save.
- 7-day models let you program each day differently, great for homes that have a whole lot of different schedules going on.
- A 5+2 model will allow you to schedule 2 different programs, one for weekdays and one for the weekends.
- 5+1+1, like the 5+2 models these thermostats have a set weekly schedule, however they offer a separate schedule for the two days over the weekend.
- Wi-Fi enabled systems allow you to work your thermostat remotely. This means you can control your home’s temperature no matter where you are, this can also help you to get the most savings from your thermostat.
The programmable thermostat you choose for your Hamel area home will depend on which model will offer the most benefits to you and your family!
Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling for Programmable Thermostat Installation
Why call us? Ernst offers:
- Options. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- Expertise. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- Innovation. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- Payment plans. Just ask; we have several financing options available through reputable national companies.
- Emergency service. Don’t forget that we offer emergency HVAC repair 24/7, 365 days a year!
Our heating and cooling experts want to give you the best HVAC experience possible in your own home. Contact us today to learn how you can benefit from installing a programmable thermostat!
210 customer reviews