Spring Cleaning Tips for Improved Indoor Air Quality
It’s officially spring, and to get in the spirit of a warmer season, many of you will be performing the sacred rites of “spring cleaning”. What exactly does spring cleaning entail for you? It likely involves de-cluttering, boxing up old sweaters and dusting off the patio furniture. But does your spring cleaning routine address the indoor air quality of your home? We hope so!
Looking for professional air quality solutions for your home or business in Illinois, including Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, and Highland? Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling today!
Why Should I Worry About Air Quality?
For the specialists at Ernst Heating & Cooling, addressing air quality is just as important as heating and cooling itself. Why? Because they’re directly tied together, and additionally air quality has a dramatic impact on your health, and the health of your home. Improved air quality will net you:
- More effective cooling. With less dust and debris in the air, your cooling system will have an easier time doing its job, directly improving its efficiency. This saves you money on cooling, and avoids unnecessary costly AC repair.
- Reduced allergies. Pollen, dust, and other particulate allergens can run rampant in our Metro East area. Improving your air quality will help keep the sneezing, stuffiness, and skin irritation to a minimum!
- Preserved home health. Nearly everything in your home, from the floors to the furniture, react positively to cleaner air. Air that is clear of debris, and properly humidified will help preserve the paint, wood, and fabrics of your home.
Tips To Improve Indoor Air Quality
So how you do you about keeping your air quality up this season? It’s pretty simple, actually, and our experts are glad to bring you the details:
- Dusting and vacuuming. A bit obvious, right? But this one is worth mentioning, as endotoxins (particularly in metro areas like ours), dust, mites, and common allergens can accumulate rapidly over even the span of a week! Delegate dusting duties to everyone in the household, and be sure to keep up with it!
- Change air filters. The filter in your air conditioning system should be cleaned or replaced very often in the spring months. With plants in bloom and traffic at all-time highs, there’s a lot in the local air you don’t want circulating in your home. For the best results, change your filter at least bi-monthly. Maybe more, depending on location and ac type.
- Consider professional carpet cleaning. Or if you don’t want to hire someone, at least procure one of those rentable shampooers. Carpets collect everything, and your average homeowner never cleans it. This can create a hotbed for all kinds of nasty things you don’t want in your home.
Why You Should Hire an Air Quality Professional
When it comes to improving air quality, no one does it better than a pro! The experts at Ernst Heating & Cooling are exceptional at assisting in improving the air quality in your home. Consider some of these options for your spring cleaning project:
- Home humidity control. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers play a crucial role in maintaining the optimal healthy humidity levels in your home (30-50%, if you’re curious). These can help improve health, save on cooling costs, and reduce wear on furniture and home fixtures!
- Duct cleaning. If you thought dirty carpets were bad, take a look inside of your ducts. Ducts house a nearly endless procession of air pollutants, and we would recommend professional duct cleaning every other year at the most.
- Filtration systems. For the most effective in air quality solutions, as an expert at Ernst about our top of the line air filtration systems!
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling for IAQ Solutions in Hamel, IL
There are many reasons to choose Ernst Heating & Cooling for your indoor air quality solutions, including:
- We spend time with you. Our techs make sure that you understand the system we’re installing, how long it will take, and how much it costs—and why. They will also present options to you if applicable.
- We are knowledgeable. Ernst’s installation technicians go through a minimum of one hour training a week. This helps them stay on top of new technologies, HVAC trends, and new ways to help our clients.
- We are advanced. Ernst was the first in the area to offer geothermal energy systems, and we are always striving to be at the forefront of the industry.
- We offer financing. Just ask; we have several plans available through reputable national companies.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling today at 618-887-6093 to learn more about indoor air quality and schedule service.
174 customer reviews