Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling right now for 24-hr air conditioner repair in Metro East Illinois—618-887-6093.
When your AC breaks down in the middle of a sweltering Illinois summer, you need relief fast! That’s when Ernst Heating & Cooling provides 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair throughout our service area.
Don’t wait in the heat. Ernst will get you and your family comfortable again!
Common Air Conditioner Repairs
- Circuit breaker reset or rewiring – When there is no power getting to your air conditioner, it’s most likely an electrical issue. Your Peninsula plumber will check the circuit breaker, wiring, and all switches.
- Refrigerant refill – Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the unit. A low level of refrigerant is usually a sign of a leak, which requires repair right away, as chemical refrigerant can be dangerous.
- Defrosting a frozen coil – The coils inside your air conditioner can freeze up even in summer’s most brutal heat. If airflow over the coils is diminished, moisture remains and freezes fast. Frozen AC coils can reduce cooling capacity and contribute to compressor failure.
- Fixing or replacing a faulty fan – If the fan on the outside unit isn’t transferring heat properly, it can damage the compressor.
- Finding and fixing leaks – Leaks may indicate a blocked drain pipe, rusty condensate pan, or other problems. Water leaks can cause mold and mildew, so call Ernst right away if you discover a leak.
- Unusually loud operation – Loud noises usually mean something is broken or displaced inside your AC unit—often a fan belt. Call for repair before more damage is caused.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 for emergency air conditioner service in Madison County and beyond.
Avoid Air Conditioning Emergencies!
Having your air conditioner tuned up once a year before the warmest weather hits is the best way to catch potential problems before they turn in to emergency repairs.
Our air conditioning tune-ups include:
- Professional inspection– Our comprehensive air conditioner inspection includes checking the thermostat, controls, condensate drain, refrigerant level, and all moving parts. We carefully examine every element for safety and performance issues.
- Cleaning– We thoroughly clean your A/C’s evaporator and condenser coils to help keep them running more efficiently longer. We also clean the blower to create increased airflow.
- Lubrication– Poor lubrication can affect every aspect of an air conditioner’s performance. We will examine all moving parts and make sure they are fully lubricated.
- Tightening and adjustments– Loose electrical connections can cause safety issues and shorten the lifespan of your system. Our techs will test and adjust blower components, and, when necessary, adjust motor voltage and currents.
Learn more about our precision air conditioning tune-ups.
Why Choose Ernst for Metro East Emergency AC Repair?
- Flat Rate Pricing– When our techs find what is wrong with your air conditioner they will also tell you exactly how much the repair will be. You will only have to pay the quoted price.
- Honest Consultations– In some cases it may make more sense to invest in a new high efficiency air conditioner rather than repairing an old, inefficient system. These are the kind of things our service technicians will discuss with you so that you can make an informed decision to fix or replace your air conditioner.
Call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 for reliable emergency air conditioning repair.
211 customer reviews