Energy-Efficient Heating & Cooling
Is your heater or air conditioner more than 10 years old? It might be time to upgrade. The best time to shop for a new, energy-efficient HVAC product is before your old one completely breaks down. That way you have time to explore your options and compare prices.
Why Upgrade to Efficient HVAC Equipment?
Not only are new systems more streamlined and easier to use, they are held to stricter energy-efficiency guidelines. That means they use less energy and can save you money on your utility bills! Some ENERGY STAR®-qualified heaters and air conditioners can save you up to 30 percent off your annual home energy costs.
Call Ernst at 618-887-6093 to learn more about home energy efficiency.
At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we install:
- Dave Lennox Signature® Collection. These models use Silent Comfort™ technology to provide even, comfortable heat and remarkably quiet operation. ENERGY STAR® qualified, these furnaces have Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings of up to 98.2 percent!
- Lennox Elite® Series. With five different models to choose from, the Elite® Series of gas furnaces has something for every homeowner. These models have AFUE ratings ranging from 80 to 96 percent.
- Lennox Merit® Series. These efficient gas furnaces are economical and offer AFUE ratings of 80 to 95 percent.
- The Bosch Greenstar Series. This series comprises five different condensing boiler units, all with 95 percent efficiency, quiet operation, and low emissions.
- Buderus Logano Series. This series of gas boilers features AFUE ratings in the 80 to 87 percent range.
Energy-Efficient Ductless Mini-Split Systems
- Mitsubishi Mini-Split Systems. These ductless mini-splits have SEERs (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios) of up to 22. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the system.
Energy-Efficient Air Conditioners
- Lennox air conditioners. Every Lennox air conditioner boasts a high efficiency rating.
Energy-Efficient Geothermal Heat Pumps
- GeoComfort geothermal heat pumps. These systems can use up to 20 to 50 percent less energy than conventional heating and cooling systems.
What Else Can You Do to Make Your HVAC More Energy Efficient?
- Get seasonal tune-ups. A home’s HVAC system can consume anywhere from 45 to 70 percent of your annual utility usage. Keeping your system well-maintained helps keep that percentage as low as possible. Precision tune-ups from Ernst help keep your system working at its peak efficiency so that you can use less energy and save money.
- Change air filters every three months. A dirty or clogged air filter makes your system work harder and use more energy. Keep those filters clean, and you’ll save money and have a more comfortable home.
- Install a programmable thermostat. They customize your home’s temperature to maximize your comfort while saving energy—and money. Learn how programmable thermostats work and which kind is right for you.
Metro East Illinois Energy Efficient Heating & Cooling
To replace your old HVAC equipment with a new, energy efficient model, or to learn more about what you can do to make your home more efficient, please call Ernst at 618-887-6093 or contact us online.
262 customer reviews