AC Maintenance: Best Performed Before You’re Relying on Your AC Daily
The weather in the Metro East is quickly warming up. Have you scheduled your AC maintenance tune-up yet? In order to prepare your air conditioner for daily use and ensure that it will run smoothly all summer, it’s important to follow these three steps:
Perform Some Do-It-Yourself AC Maintenance
There are several things that all homeowners should do to prepare their air conditioning for the summer months in Metro East, Illinois.
- Check the AC filter. If it’s dirty, the filter should be replaced to allow for maximum running efficiency (or cleaned if you have a reusable filter).
- All grass, leaves and other yard debris should be cleared away from your outdoor condensing unit (the large metal box in your yard, near your house). You may also consider spraying down the unit with your hose.
- Check that all of your indoor air vents are free from obstructions such as furniture, drapes, and rugs so the air can flow freely.
Schedule an AC Maintenance Tune-Up with Your Local HVAC Contractor
In addition to your own preparations, schedule a spring AC maintenance visit from your local Metro East HVAC company, Ernst Heating & Cooling, to ensure that your cooling system will run reliably and at peak performance levels throughout the summer. During your AC maintenance appointment, your technician should:
- Verify the correct refrigerant level and check for leaks if the level is low
- Search for any duct leakage and seal as necessary
- Measure for adequate air flow through the evaporator coil
- Inspect the thermostat for proper functionality and accuracy
- Check the electric control sequence for safety and to ensure that heating and cooling systems cannot run simultaneously
- Tighten any loose connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect electric terminals
Looking for expert HVAC contractors you can rely on for an honest AC tune-up service? Ernst Heating & Cooling has been proudly serving Metro East, Illinois for over 65 years! Contact us to schedule service.
Maintenance to Make Your AC Last Longer
Once you begin running your air conditioner daily, it’s important to keep it running at peak efficiency. Check your air filter at least once a month and clean or change as necessary. Be sure to also spray down your outdoor condenser unit with a hose from time to time. Lastly, never forget to make preventive maintenance an annual priority. Regular service and a little TLC will ensure that your cooling system has a long life.
To schedule your annual AC maintenance today, please contact the HVAC professionals at Ernst Heating & Cooling. We’re proud to serve residents of the Metro East area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Greenville, Edwardsville, Maryville, and the surrounding areas of Metro East Illinois about energy and home comfort.
305 customer reviews