Now that summer is over, it’s time to make an appointment for your fall furnace maintenance. With the heating season starting soon, you’ll want to be sure that your system is ready for whatever Mother Nature will dish out this winter in the Metro-East.
Preventive maintenance now on your heating system will help to ensure the comfort and safety of your family. Why chance a breakdown in the dead of winter when it could have been prevented? Maintaining a furnace properly involves much more than just occasionally changing its air filter. You need an annual service from a trained technician to make sure your system is running at its best.
Even if your system is fairly new, you should schedule a fall furnace maintenance service for it every year. This will help to extend the lifespan of your equipment. Depending upon your system, you’ll likely find your energy costs reduced, as a clean system will run more efficiently since it doesn’t have to work as hard.
Scheduling a maintenance service now before the heating season starts will identify any problems that could potentially turn into major headaches. When the service technician arrives to service your heating equipment, he will:
- Check for dangerous carbon monoxide leaks
- Check and tighten loose electrical connections
- Verify electrical current and voltage to motor
- Lubricate all moving parts including the motor
- Test the unit’s safety controls
- Inspect and clean the coils (if you have a heat pump)
- Check and test gas pressure
- Inspect and clean burner and heat exchanger
- Check and calibrate your thermostat if needed
- Inspect your ductwork for leaks
- Change the air filter
Now is the best time to schedule your fall furnace maintenance with the experts at Ernst Heating & Cooling. Our business has been providing professional and reliable service to the Metro-East area for more than 60 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Illinois and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).