HVAC Spring Maintenance Checklist
With spring creeping around the corner, there’s no better time to go through your routine HVAC maintenance checklist! Don’t have a maintenance checklist? No problem! The specialists at Ernst Heating & Cooling have taken a bit of time to detail the basics of a strong maintenance routine that will keep your system running its best this summer!
Why Is Maintenance So Important?
A combination of simple homeowner upkeep and professional tune-ups do more than just improve the efficiency of your system throughout the busier months. Proper maintenance will:
- Improve the air quality of your home
- Reduce cooling costs
- Drastically reduce instances of repair
- Drastically reduce repair costs
- Improve the lifespan of your system (by up to a few years!)
You may have noticed that we mentioned repair twice there. Why? Because the vast majority of repairs we perform routinely could have been completely avoided with regular professional tune ups and maintenance. Not only that, but the repairs you might need will on average be much cheaper, as more costly repairs (such as component failure) will be caught during a maintenance, avoiding catastrophic and costly failures.
Maintenance Checklists For Homeowners
So what can you do to ensure your system performs at its absolute best this year? Quite a lot, actually! But don’t worry, none of it is complex, or time consuming:
- Clear debris and dust from interior. No question about it, the area around your internal unit, and all of your ducts and vents have been collecting dust. This presents both a performance concern and a risk of fire! Clear dust and grime from vents to ensure free airflow to improve efficiency and air quality, and remove dust from your interior unit to avoid clogging and a risk of flames.
- Clear exterior unit of debris. If applicable, remove leaves, plant matter and dirt from around your outdoor unit. This can be accomplished easily with a stiff broom or other gentle cleaning appliance. never use sharp or heavy tools to work around your system!
- Change or clean air filters. If you use disposable filters, have it replaced before you start up your unit this season. If it is reusable, clean it! Continue to do this every one to three months (depending on the dust and pollen count in your local area) while the system is in use to ensure better performance and improved machine longevity.
- Check your thermostat. Ensure that the digital read is completely visible, with no hiccups or glitchy images. when switching your unit on, give it an hour and check to see if the temperature feels accurate to the display. If it reads 70, but your home feels more like a 85, something’s wrong! In this case, call in for professional repair right away!
Professional Tune Ups With Ernst Heating & Cooling In The Metro East Illinois Area
While you handle the basics, let our experts ensure all of your more complex systems are operating at maximum efficiency! A professional tune up ensures:
- Adequate refrigerant levels
- All moving parts are in perfect working order
- Lubrication of moving parts and components to reduce wear and improve performance
- Interior components are clean, and clear of clogging dust and grime
- Proper electrical connections
HVAC Maintenance in the Metro East
Don’t wait until summer hits to check your air conditioner. Schedule an air conditioning tune-up today to ensure your home will be comfortable throughout the spring and straight on into the hottest summer months. Ensure peace of mind with an energy savings agreements from Ernst Heating & Cooling! With our HVAC maintenance agreement, you’ll never have to worry about being left without heat on the coldest day of the year or without air conditioning when the temperatures become unbearable! We want homeowners in the Hamel, Illinois area to feel comfortable in their own home, and there is no better way to do that than by signing up for our maintenance plan!
Ernst Heating & Cooling offers precision air conditioning tune-ups in the Metro East Illinois area. Call us at 618-887-6093 to schedule yours!
251 customer reviews