Geothermal Heat Pumps in Metro East Illinois
Hamel ∙ Edwardsville ∙ Glen Carbon ∙ Maryville ∙ Greenville ∙ And More
Is having an energy-efficient heating and cooling system important to you? Ernst Heating & Cooling has a solution—install a GeoComfort geothermal heat pump! If you’re ready to reduce your monthly costs AND increase the efficiency of your home’s HVAC system, then GeoComfort geothermal heating and cooling is the best heating and cooling option for you. These reliable HVAC systems will keep you and your family comfortable no matter what the weather in the Metro East region is doing!
Geothermal heating and cooling has been used for decades, and with the latest technological advancements, it’s better than ever! Ernst Heating & Cooling was one of the early adopters of these HVAC systems, meaning we have years of experience helping homeowners in Edwardsville, Maryville, and throughout the Metro East install and repair geothermal heat pump systems.
How Does Geothermal Heating & Cooling Work?
Geothermal heating and cooling works by harnessing the energy from the heat produced beneath the earth’s crust— meaning it works unlike any other HVAC system you’ve known before! Electric ground-source heat pumps are connected to an underground loop to collect heat trapped in the earth and use it to both heat and cool homes and other buildings. During the cold Metro East Illinois the winter, the heat pumps pull heat from the ground and direct it into the building. In the summer, the heat pumps take heat from the building to cool it down.
Geothermal Heat Pump Installation in Metro East Illinois
Geothermal heat pumps are among the most efficient and comfortable HVAC technologies currently available. They can provide energy savings up to 70 percent more than traditional furnaces and air conditioners! Why wouldn’t you install such an efficient and cost-saving system in your home?! These systems are perfect for areas with moderate climates, such as Edwardsville, Maryville, and throughout the Metro East.
Benefits of Installing a GeoComfort Geothermal Heat Pump
Significant energy savings (20 to 50 percent!) isn’t the only benefit of installing a geothermal heating and cooling system in your Metro East Illinois home. Additional advantages include:
- Safety – Geothermal systems don’t require open flames or flammable material, and all outdoor components are completely underground.
- Convenience – One ground source heat pump can supply your heating, cooling, and water heating. The indoor units usually take up no more space than a traditional HVAC unit.
- Low maintenance – A geothermal heat pump has fewer moving parts and is protected from the wear and tear of outdoor elements like rain, snow, ice, and extreme temperatures, so it requires minimal maintenance.
- Performance – Geothermal heating and cooling will keep your home warmer in the winter. The heat pumps are extremely durable, and most manufacturers offer a warranty of up to 50 years for the system’s underground pipe.
- Comfort – Not only will a geothermal HVAC system help eliminate “cold spots” in your home, but will do so while being quiet! Unlike other heating systems, a heat pump doesn’t have a noisy outdoor unit that will disrupt the peacefulness of your outdoor property. The indoor unit’s noise is comparable to a refrigerator.
- Money savings – Although installing a geothermal heating and cooling system requires a larger initial investment, you will benefit from significantly lower operating and maintenance costs for the life of the system! Most of your investment can be recouped in as quickly as three years. And you may be eligible for a federal tax credit or a utility company rebate.
Geothermal Heat Pump Repair in Metro East Illinois
Geothermal systems are known for their reliability, but even these efficiency powerhouses have occasional problems. When your geothermal heat pump needs repair, the experts at Ernst Heating & Cooling will be there to help!
Call (618) 887-6093 now to schedule an appointment or read more about geothermal heat pump repair.
Common Geothermal Heat Pump Problems
Most geothermal heat pump problems are caused by leaks, disconnected wires, defective valves, broken heat exchangers, or malfunctioning loop systems. These problems typically manifest themselves in the following ways:
- Heat pump isn’t sufficiently heating or cooling your home – The problem could be restricted air flow or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Filters clogging more frequently than usual – If you find that your geothermal system’s filters are becoming clogged or excessively dirty more often, give us a call.
- Pump is making unusual noises – Your geothermal heat pump shouldn’t be making alarming sounds. This is often a sign of a broken or loose part, like a fan belt or a malfunctioning motor.
- Heat pump won’t turn on – After you’ve checked to make sure everything’s connected and plugged in, and the pump still won’t turn on, call us to come check it out.
- Humidity is uncontrolled – If your home feels uncomfortably humid, it may indicate that your indoor unit is too large for your home, or there is too much air flow coming in.
- The indoor unit is leaking – Leaking is not only a sign of a larger problem, it can cause another problem—mildew and mold growth. Don’t hesitate to call for service if your indoor geothermal unit is leaking.
The Metro East’s Geothermal Heat Pump Authority
Whether your Illinois home could benefit from a geothermal heat pump installation or your current system is giving you trouble—Ernst Heating & Cooling can help!
Contact Ernst Heating & Cooling online or by calling us at 618-887-6093 to schedule your GeoComfort geothermal heat pump services in Madison County!
Our Service Area Includes:
Alhambra, Alton, Beckemeyer, Belleville, Benld, Bethalto, Breese, Brighton, Bunker Hill, Caseyville, Coffeen, Collinsville, Cottage Hills, Donnellson, Dorchester, Dorsey, Dow, Eagarville, East Alton, Edwardsville, Elsah, Fieldon, Gillespie, Glen Carbon, Godfrey, Grafton, Granite City, Greenville, Hamel, Hartford, Highland, Hillsboro, Irving, Jerseyville, Lebanon, Litchfield, Livingston, Marine, Maryville, Mascoutah, Mitchell, Moro, Mount Olive, Mulberry Grove, New Baden, New Douglas, O’Fallon, Panama, Piasa, Pierron, Pocahontas, Ramsey, Roxana, Saint Jacob, Sawyerville, Smithboro, Sorento, South Roxana, Staunton, Summerfield, Taylor Springs, Trenton, Troy, Walshville, White Hall, Wilsonville, Witt, Wood River, Worden, and the surrounding areas!
251 customer reviews