St. Clair County AC Repair Services
When the summer arrives, you need your home’s air conditioner to work properly more than ever. So, what do you do if your AC unit isn’t keeping your home cool? Just like St. Clair was the first established county in the state of Illinois, we want Ernst Heating & Cooling to be the first name that comes to mind when you need an AC repair service!
With professional technicians and years of experience, you can rely on us to service all air conditioner makes and models throughout Metro East Illinois. Our certified HVAC experts will diagnose the air conditioner problem you may be experiencing and provide a fair, honest repair estimate.
Air Conditioning Repair
There’s nothing more inconvenient than a broken central air conditioner. Whether you’re in Summerfield, Centreville, Marissa, Belleville, or somewhere in between—you need your home cooling system to keep you and your family comfortable during the summer heat. That’s why we strive to provide top notch AC repair services throughout St. Clair County!
Our priority is home comfort for you and your family, especially during the excruciating summer heat. If you can’t escape the high temperatures and hot sun in your own house, that’s a recipe for disaster. If your air conditioner isn’t cooling your home like you think it should, we’ll send a professional technician to assess the situation, diagnose the problem, and provide a custom solution.
To schedule a central air conditioning repair service today, contact us online!
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Whether you live along the Mississippi River, the Kaskaskia River State Fish and Wildlife Area, or closer to the Silver Creek, you’ll almost certainly run into problems with your air conditioner eventually. At Ernst Heating & Cooling, we have experience diagnosing and treating the following issues:
- Low refrigerant – Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the unit. A low level of refrigerant is usually a sign of a leak, which requires an immediate air conditioner repair since chemical refrigerant can be dangerous.
- Frozen coil – The coils inside your central AC unit can freeze up even during the brutal heat of summer. If airflow over the coils is impaired, the moisture remains on the extremely cold coils, quickly freezing. Frozen AC coils can cause many problems, including reduced cooling capacity and compressor failure. One way to avoid frozen coils is to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months.
- Malfunctioning fan – If the fan on the outside unit isn’t working correctly, it can’t conduct proper heat transfer. That can then lead to compressor damage, which is a much more prominent problem.
- Water leaks – Leaking water can indicate a blocked drain pipe, a rusty condensate pan, or a few other problems. If you discover water leaking from your AC unit, call Ernst at 618-887-6093 right away. Water leaks can lead to mold and mildew.
- Unusually loud operation – Is the noise from your air conditioner driving you crazy? Loud noises usually mean something is broken or displaced inside, like a fan belt or other moving part. You should schedule a repair service when you hear these noises so the part doesn’t completely wear off or lead to more damage.
If your air conditioning system is on the verge of a breakdown, call Ernst Heating & Cooling at 618-887-6093 today!
Benefits of Proper AC Maintenance
Having your air conditioner serviced each year is the best way to catch potential problems before they turn into expensive repairs. At Ernst, our air conditioning tune-ups include:
- Professional inspection – Our comprehensive air conditioner inspection includes checking the thermostat, controls, condensate drain, refrigerant level, and all moving parts. We carefully examine every element for safety and performance issues.
- Cleaning – We thoroughly clean your air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils to help keep them running more efficiently and for a longer period of time. We also clean the blower to create increased airflow.
- Lubrication – Poor lubrication can affect every aspect of an air conditioner’s performance. We will examine all moving parts and make sure they are fully lubricated.
- Tightening and adjustments – Loose electrical connections can cause safety issues and shorten the lifespan of your system. Our technicians will test and adjust blower components and motor voltage and currents when necessary.
Learn more about our precision air conditioning tune-ups in Fairview Heights, Fayetteville, Smithton, and other areas in St. Clair County, Illinois!
Choose Ernst for AC Repair in St. Clair County
Don’t sweat the summer heat—take advantage of our 24-hour emergency repair service now! Having a reliable and trustworthy HVAC company respond to your AC repair needs is imperative. When you choose Ernst, you can also take advantage of our:
- Flat Rate Pricing – After our service technicians determine the problem with your air conditioner, they will tell you exactly how much the repair will be. Even if the repair takes longer than expected, you will only have to pay the quoted price.
- Honest Consultations – In some cases, it may make more sense to invest in a new high efficiency system that qualifies for federal tax credits, utility company rebates, or manufacturer rebates. Plus, in many cases, updated models can also lower your monthly utility bills! These are the kind of options and recommendations our service technicians will discuss with you, so that you can make an informed decision to fix or replace your air conditioner.
Give us a call at 618-887-6093 today for air conditioner repairs in St. Clair County, Illinois.
167 customer reviews
As winter rolls out in Metro East Illinois, it’s time to start spring cleaning. And as you’re getting your home ready for warmer days, don’t...