A quick glance outside your window will confirm that fall is definitely here, and it’s time to have your heating systems checked out before the cold weather sets in. Preparing for annual service doesn’t have to take long, and if you follow this step-by-step guide, you’ll be ready in no time at all.
- Pull out the owner’s manual for your heating system. Many manuals have a list of things you can check for and inspect yourself before an HVAC professional arrives. Doing these things in advance will save the technician time. If you can’t find the print manual, there’s likely a digital version online.
- Determine where all the components to your HVAC system are located. These include the thermostat, furnace, ductwork and circuit breakers. Additionally, make sure you’ve got the model number, brands and service records for all your equipment at the ready.
- Compile some basic notes about issues you’ve been having with your heating system or things that you have noticed. Serious problems such as water leakage, failing pilot lights and possible carbon monoxide leakage should always top this list.
- Make sure an adult over 18 years of age will be present when the technician comes to your home.
- Finally, make sure that your HVAC equipment all will be easily accessible so that they can be inspected and serviced properly.
Preparing for annual service doesn’t have to take long, and can save you a lot of money each year by keeping your HVAC systems in tip top condition. While you’re preparing for this year’s service, consider signing up for our Energy Savings Agreement. This agreement includes two tune-ups each year and gives homeowners considerable discounts and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that all systems are running at peak performance levels.
Ernst Heating & Cooling has a 60 year old reputation in the Metro-East area for quality HVAC services. This reputation exists because the services and products we offer are the very best. We hope you’ll contact us when the time comes to schedule your annual service.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Hamel, Illinois and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about annual service and other HVAC topics, visit our blog.